Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS YOUR SON'S NAME MICHAEL?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 384 Total Views

Poll

Question: IS YOUR CHILD'S NAME MICHAEL, EITHER FIRST OR MIDDLE?

Options:

Michael - YES

Michael - NO

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

I have a reason for for asking this question? Does anyone know why I am Curious? Hint! It's kinda like the blood type of Autistic Children.

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strwbreshrtck
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:14 PM
okay that's WEIRD! I almost named him Michael for his middle name! I was pressured by my ex to not! I know a Michael w/ AS. I did use Michael for my youngest's  2nd middle name! But he has no signs or symptoms.
davann
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:21 PM
so yes my sons middle name is michael, so explain this question to me. ?
vanessadalton25
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:24 PM
My sons middle name is michael.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
MamaRita
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Quoting davann:

so yes my sons middle name is michael, so explain this question to me. ?
OK, My Grandson Michael Lane is 8/yrs old, as most of know, He was dx with Mercury Poisoning (Autism) at age 4 - took us 2 yrs to find a Dr that would admit it.  Her (the Dr) 1st question "where did he get the name Michael from"
My reply was "From his Dad" Michael Shane, CURIOSITY WAS GETTING TO ME? So I asked her why did she ask about the name Michael, her response was "I have 3500 Autistic Patients, 50% of them are named Michael"
Well that was over 4/yrs ago, Seems like every-time we meet a Mom with a Child on the Spectrum, at least half are named Michael. So I decided to run a poll just out of curiosity. 
MichaelsMom10
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:27 PM
My sons name is Michael. did i set him up? jk
MisforMOM
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:07 PM
No mystery here!

I looked up the most popular male baby first names for the past 18 years at the Social Security site:
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Michael has been the #2 most popular boy first name beginning with 2006 all the way back to 1998. 

From 1989 - 1998, Michael was the #1 most popular boy name

So, of all the baby boys born, the number of those named Michael (especially if you factor in middle names) is huge!  Factor in the fact that 1 in 150 children have autism,  + the fact that more boys than girls have autism, = the reason according to this one doc that half of her 3500 patients with autism are named Michael and the reason that you will meet a LOT of boys with autism that have a first or middle name of Michael!!
LoveMyBoys104
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:11 PM
My sons middle name is Michael
michaelsmom1111
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:11 PM

Quoting MisforMOM:

No mystery here!

I looked up the most popular male baby first names for the past 18 years at the Social Security site:
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Michael has been the #2 most popular boy first name beginning with 2006 all the way back to 1998. 

From 1989 - 1998, Michael was the #1 most popular boy name

So, of all the baby boys born, the number of those named Michael (especially if you factor in middle names) is huge!  Factor in the fact that 1 in 150 children have autism,  + the fact that more boys than girls have autism, = the reason according to this one doc that half of her 3500 patients with autism are named Michael and the reason that you will meet a LOT of boys with autism that have a first or middle name of Michael!!

Thank you for looking that up..my son's first name is michael.he's the smartest, strongest most active little boy EVER..when I read this post I started to get nervous...thanks
MisforMOM
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:45 PM
You're welcome michaelsmom1111!

You mentioned that you "started to get nervous" when you saw the post.  We (especially as Moms) always have doubful thoughts and guilty feelings because our kids have challenges.  That is because we only want the best for our kids.  That is the reason that I did the above research and posted.  There is enough in the world to make us feel fearful, nervous, guilty, you name it!

Enjoy your "smartest, strongest most active little boy EVER."!
sandra314
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:50 PM

My son's first name is Michael

Edit Reply Quote Reply Delete Reply

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)