Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She Did It Again

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 229 Total Views
Hello:

My daughter is 3 with ASD and lately when it is time to take a bath she plays, sings and has a great time.  But for the past month she also makes a poop.  I can understand why she does it.  The water is warm and she probably is relaxed, but it is so disgusting.

I keep telling her that she should do this in her diaper or on the potty.  I know she understands me.  In fact yesterday after she did it, she was kind enough to put it on the bath mat.

I never had these problems with my son.  She seems so fascinated with her poop.  I know it is a sensory thing.  I just get so tired of cleaning it up.  She used to be a smearer but thank God that only happened for a couple of weeks. 

When will this end,
Karen

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
VONNY614
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:08 PM
SIT HER ON THE TOILET AND READ A STORY TO HER , THEN PUT HER IN THE BATH TUB.
mommylovesjande
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:10 PM

Hi:

That is a good idea, I will try that tomorrow. 

Thanks,
Karen

shyswancrazy
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:20 PM
I know this sounds gross, but all of my kids did this. I've had to make them go to the toilet befor I start the water. Once they are done the tub is full so they can just hop in, and less chance of them poopin and peeing in the bath water. The good news is if she's able to know it shouldn't be in the tub and she can remember that, it'll be easyer to break her of it.
Good Luck,
Shawnna
mommylovesjande
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 3:11 PM
Hello:

Today I have been bringing my daughter to the bathroom, and today before her bath I asked that she sit, she went.  I really don't have problems she will always sit.

Then while taking her bath I saw that she was going to get ready and go and I placed her on the potty and she made it in the potty.  Hooray!

Of course this morning she did it all over her carpet, oh well!  Hopefully I can get her potty trained before she goes back to school!

Thanks for all your suggestions.  It will be a long challenging road.  But hopefully we will have success.

Stay tuned,
Karen
Emily3808
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 4:34 PM
Thomas use to do this...i think if you keep catching her before she does it in the tub, that she will get out and get onthe potty herself. Thats what he does now..its the warm water,,,even if he tries before, the water makes him want to go, so he now gets out and goes on the potty, then gets back in tub.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)