Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know your child has autism when....

Posted by   + Show Post

OK ladies, dig up those "Only my kid" stories and let's have some fun! What good is all this if we can't still laugh, right? So I'll start;

You know you have a child with autism when you find the 50 states quarter collection empty because he put it in the coin sorter. It was so much "neater."

You know you have an autistic child when you tell him to go get Daddy and he brings you the photo album.

You know you have an autistic child when you come out of the shower to find all the shoes in the house lined up like a "choo-choo" in the hallway.

by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 8:07 AM
Replies (551-560):
TaterbugTwins
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Your 7 year old educates the boy scouts about why the pizza pie you are making in the pie iron over the fire "is not technically a pie because it is not an 8" round dish with crust and filling".  

Jwade1
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM
When you rush to cut all the tiny cheese "strings" off the edge of the pizza before he sees it because he asked you for pizza, you made him a pizza, and you know he won't eat it if there are any cheese "strings" coming off the pizza.

teatyme4us
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM

when your child tries to hold the pet fish

when other people can't hear what you are saying, so you sign to them.

when he drags up the christmas tree from the basement in july

when you find him with torn clothing because of a loose string

hwyangel
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM
When telling a joke sounds like a documentary.
Conversation sounds like commercial.
And you still hear the sound effects of the video game after you have turned the volume off.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
denniel01
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM

...When you tell her we have to catch a ferry this morning and she immediatly starts asking for a net.  

...OR when the lady at the post offices comments on her voice and asks her if she has a frog in her throat and she immediately starts freaking out..... everything is literal, always!

...When you've become a master stick figure artist because you can't do anything without having to draw it first and in correct order as to keep meltdowns to a minmum.  Routines when broken are always anxiety filled.

maecntpntz219
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Hundres of pictures of your kid, and not one with him looking into the camera! 

mizz_mindylou
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM

every shirt he owns has the tags cut off & the main rule in the house is 2 leave the bathroom door shutt and locked at allll times no matter what bc he loves to play in water,wether its in the toilett,sink or bathtub!

Shannanbk
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM

when you go on an all day field trip with your 4th grader so the teacher doesn't have to deal with any meltdowns (none that day :D ), and you whisper to your 9 yo son that he doesn't have to hold your hand while on the field trip and he looks at you and says "but I want to mommy"

Shannanbk
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I also forgot to mention that when ds 5 or 6 my dh started playing World of Warcraft with him and he had all of the maps memorized...to this day if you asked him where a certain place is, he can tell you which region its in and what would be the best way to get there.

RFaith23
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM
When you find all your loose change in the toaster.
When you freak out in excitement and make a huge deal over the smallest things like "he put his own shoes on!" " he woke up went to refrigerator took out milk and brought it to me" or " when I asked where's Dada he pointed to him!"
When my son always makes sure every door drawer or cabinet in the house is closed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN