Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

big boy bed

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:55 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 193 Total Views
my son will be 4 in october. he is big for his age and we have been talking about getting him a twin size bed because he really takes up the whole toddler bed and rolls out of it anyways. the rolling out of bed is a concern but not too big of one. did anyone have troubles changing from the toddler bed to a twin. i also plan on putting his toddler bed into my daughters room she will be at least 17 months by the time we get him his bed. i dont want him to freak out cause she has his bed and i talked to him and i think he likes the idea but well im paranoid. anyone have any tips for a smooth transition?

Rain

http://www.cafemom.com/group/realisticfatties

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
homewithjacob
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:56 AM
Try getting just  a twin mattress and putting it on the floor in his room.(Ugly I know) Leave him in his toddler bed for a week or so in the same room. Let him play on it, lay on it, whatever during the day and keep telling him that it is his big boy bed.

Then maybe you could take the toddler bed FRAME out of his room and let him lay on his toddler mattress near the twin mattress for about a week.

Slowly transistion him on the twin bed by using it for naptime or for reading stories together or whatever you do together. Soon it will be time for transition and you could used the same bedding (albiet too small) from the toddler bed.

Slowly remove over a period of time the old bedding and replace peice by peice with some sheet set that he picks out. Wal-Mart is a great place for cheap kids sheet sets with characters!

It will take time, good luck to you and to your son- God Bless YOU!
biglee200
by Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:32 AM
Hi, here  when the  big for there  beds we when't out to pick out there new beds plus there new sheets for there bed  then  we worked going to the new  big boys  beds at nap  time. boy  i miss nap time hahah.have good day bye martha
thecheshirerain
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:36 AM
thanks! i figured if one grandma is buying the bed the other grandma can buy the sheet set. im trying to decide what sheet set. he likes sesame street, backyardigans, and spongebob but my husband hates spongebob and the colors on the other two just seem too much. im probably putting way too much concern into this certain changes he takes very well. i love the advice though.

Rain

http://www.cafemom.com/group/realisticfatties

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)