Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to all moms

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 290 Total Views

i have a lot of people come up to me in say that it most be hard  to take care of my son now that he has autism in it going to be so hard  is this i what i think about it

1. logan is logan no mater what a doctor says

2. we will be fine as long as we have each other

3. he will be my special little man always

4. i just look at him in his smile just make all his problem go away

I'm just try to tell ever one Logan is a special little boy of mine sent to me from haven he might not be perfect but i would not trade hem for any thing he fills my heart with love and his smile can light up a room of darkness so don't let people label you kids autism is something that the have no what they are love them with all you heart as long as you can in make sure you let then no what they mean to you every day in hold on to them tight in never let them go case we not have autism kids we have kids that are so special they can change the world so let me her you stories in see them picture of those kids that touch are heart every day

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Schleetle
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:27 PM

I know I get sick of hearing "Well thats typical of kids with Autism", and I always think to myself there really is no "typical" all of our children are so different, and overcome their challenges in their own way. Your son has an adorable smile, and It looks like it can light up any room! This is my son with his new baby cousin at Thanksgiving. :)

kurkel5
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:52 AM

I couldnt agree more.....all children are special....all children have their gifts and all children have their difficulties. Mine may have aspergers which gives him some troubles...but he has good grades and he loves his family and he is a good boy. I wouldnt trade my 12 yr old for anyone elses....he is great and I love him. I am also very proud of him.....

With so many kids out there that grow up with other issues ....I figure we are doing good, dont you? Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas all!

Kelly (kurkel5)
Sithpadawans
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Oh, it burns me up something fierce when people tell me how hard it must be for me and DH raising children with special needs. (Jake is 4 yrs old and has autism and Zachary is 2 yrs old and doesn't talk) I ask them what they mean and they get all flustered and go on about how much of a handfull the boys are. ALL children are handfulls. That's their job as children. Heaven forbid a child actually has a fun childhood and makes mistakes and have tantrums! I wouldn't trade my boys for the world! Yeah, they get on my nerves and yes I would love for the Calgon Goddess to take me away, but hey, no one is perfect and I know I can get pretty ornery too! Where do they think it comes from? Hello! Me and my DH have our own stories of misbehaving as kids! Give me a break. I have known kids that were all things my boys are and they were considered "normal" and no one thought twice about it. And I HATE when I go to Wal-Mart  and Jake has a meltdown and people stare. I stare right back at them. He is throwing a fit cause I told him no. SO? Hel'll get over it and I am not going to stop shopping just cause he or Zach want to be boogers in the store! Though it was funny, one time, Jake was having a holy fit about wanting a certain toy and a couple with 4 kids passed by and the kids were staring and the mom told them to knock off the looks cause they were doing the same thing two minutes ago in the last isle they were in. I couldn't help but laugh. I think my boys give the best hugs and kisses on the planet and that means more to me than what anyone says to me.

MamaRita
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2008 at 3:34 PM

All of these Children are so precious!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

mamatware
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 5:33 PM

I agree with everything said.  But at the same time, until you've had a special needs kid-a child with any disability not just ASD-you don't understand that our kids are wonderful the way they are and that as parents we don't see the label....we see our baby. 

Jennifer Group Admin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)