Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Movie Therapy for My son.

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

My husband bought me a video camera for my birthday last year and I started recording all sorts of things and events in our life. Some of the things are day to day things(eating, playing, bathtime, brushing teeth) some our special events and hiking outdoors. I know that a lot of kids have scripting issues (like my son) but I thought maybe it would help with his speech and communication. It has helped so much. I feel it has also helped him with recalling things and understanding emotions better watching his family in real life situations. So now we record new things all the time and let my son watch them.  I don't know if it would help your child but it sure seems to help mine!!! His teacher even says that he is starting to say  spontaneous and appropriate things at the appropriate time and is relating so much more to the kids at school. I am a happy mom!! Yesterday after his shower he said UH Oh momma forgot to brush my teeth! Boy was he right.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sithpadawans
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:39 PM

What a great idea! I am so glad that it is helping! I am going to have to try it.

michelle155
by Member on Jan. 6, 2009 at 6:40 PM

That is a great idea! My son can watch videos and movies for hours. I think he would get a kick out of seeing himself and family members in a movie. Im gonna look into getting me a cheap video camera recorded A.S.A.P. .  you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)