Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seems to be always sick

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 12:19 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
Does anyone have any advice on vitamins I can give my son or something I else I can do to keep my son Dylan (3 years old Autistic) from getting sick?He always seems to have a cold or something. I do give him Gummie Vitamins. Last month he was in the hospital for pnemonia.It seems like if we take him anywhwere he'll get sick a day or two later.He goes to school too, so I'm sure he picks stuff up there. If we go anywhere I carry hand sanitizer with me, and we almost always wash his hands before we eat.Any suggestions would be great, thanx.
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bellamomma
by Member on Mar. 27, 2007 at 8:05 PM
I have a few suggestions: There is Norweigan Cod Liver Oil that boosts the immune system. It tastes awful but if your son likes applesauce or yogurt you can put it in every few bites. Also, liquid Zinc- 1/2 tsp daily is what we have been giving our little guy and he has been doing really well health wise. I'll be glad to share some more of what we do if you are interested. Also let me know if you need a place to get this stuff. Sometimes its hard to find!
dina
ArilyMarie
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 12:48 AM
You can get him Vitamin C in liquid form or chewables, Also try Echinacea in drops. You can put them in some juice and down the hatch it goes. Also the Zinc idea was terrific too. I've been using this stuff called Airborne Jr. It's a fizzy tablet that tastes like grape kool-aid and you just put a tablet in water and after the fizz goes away he drinks it. I'm learning that besides bouts of constipation and never seeming to get rid of a cold, this is the life of an Autistic child. The kids at school are like germ magnets anyway and our kids seem to get it in minutes. My son was famous for catching his teacher's daughters cold everytime and SHE DIDN'T EVEN GO TO HIS SCHOOL!!! No matter what she came down with, my son caught it within 24 hours and so I just told the teacher that I would start calling her on the weekends to make sure my son could go to school on monday. I would also STRONGLY advise you to get him wearing tee shirts and not to go without socks on. I don't know why it happens but they are magnets to whatever is out there. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)