Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is grow now

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 247 Total Views
My son Matthew is grow now.and i truly love him. looking for more way for him to have fun. he love music and water.he use to love to walk until he gain so much weight off the medicine he was on. looking for more way to help my son i do not wanted him to go to a home and he loves spending time with me and his family. looking for new ideal to keep him happy for when he finsh school. and a way to help him lose the weight. try walking with him, but he only wanted to walk to the store across the street, and all they have is junk food. nothing healthy. and when we walk 7 block down he want to go to nation the hamburger place.need help on what to do for my son... a single mom in the bay area... Thank you for taking the time to read this. God Bless. he very picking on what he eat he loves meat.
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:09 AM

We live a few hour's away I know the feeling of what to do after school and also how hard it is to try to get him to do new things ,then if you try the same thing he wants walk to the same place, that is why we had to stop walking ti foster freeze new mommy's take note on this because now we don't go fo walk es there any long because he always wants milkshakes and F.F so I can relate with you on that if I knew before we started walking there I would have made it more of a habit walking him to the school were there is basketball hoops for him to play.. We do have a pool for kyle which really helps in the summer and the trampoline in the back yard , I bet living in the city you might not have as big of back yards as we do in the valley . Also in his room we buy the bouncy ball's for him to sit on to watch  his video's wish I had more info for ya good luck and just to know I feel  ya!!!!!!

Ms. Janice and My Son, Mr. Man Kyle

michelle155
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Bless you, You are not alone..My son is non-verbal autistic at 10yrs old...He is very smart and I can see and I pray everyday for recovery from Autism...Autism is very repetitive. I know all about doing the same things, the same, all the time. I just learned to change things up..Making excuses like, "oh K-mart's closed today" on a saturday afternoon....I try and explain alot to my son, like "We can't go that way today, maybe tomorrow...I know and feel your pain...As for exercise try everything, treadmill, bicycles, flying a kite...My son also uses a huge exercise ball while watching t.v...I swear sometimes I think he's gonna smack his head into the ceiling...No, he's really awesome to watch! He has never fallen off his huge exercise ball. I call it his best friend...Also, my son plays alot with electronic games, works t.v. and vcr like professional. He also goes on line and surfs the net completely on his own...Im not even in the room...I wish you and your family well...you rock

caringmother365
by Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 12:55 AM

yes as 1 reply said you might try the vcr dvd tv & ele.games my son is grown also he really likes these things but unlike other reply he has a c-puter but cannot go online but uses it for more learing playing games there are several sites that have teaching stuff on them i get them on for him then he picks out pix that match numbers ect. you might find these sites add,s from school some of ones i use came from his home bound teacher that still come to help even tho last yr. was his last yr. for school but he know how to turn on & off his things and move the mouse when using c-puter at times when i have trouble using dv player or otherstuuf i,ll try & try finally i call him to come get it where i want it.

Linda Cain.

ddthomas
by Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Is there a Special Olympics chapter in your area - they have a lot of physical based activities for little or no cost for children and adults with special needs.

Hope this helps...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)