Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's official

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

ALL THREE OF MY SONS HAVE AUTISM. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY 16 MONTH OLD SON EVALUATED, YESTERDAY, THE PSYCH CAME TO EVALUATE HIM, AND SHE DIAGNOSED HIM RIGHT THEN AND THERE, HE HAS AUTISM. HE IS FUNCTIONING LIKE A 6-9 MONTH OLD BABY, HE EVEN DOES NOT REALLY WALK EITHER. HE JUST CRAWLS AROUND. AND HE DOESN'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO MANIPULATE HIS HANDS TO GRAB OBJECTS EITHER. HE IS MORE DELAYED THAN MY 2 YR OLD. I CANT BELIEVE THIS, I HAVE 4 KIDS, AND 3 OF THEM HAVE AUTISM, ALL THE BOYS ON TOP OF THAT, THE ONLY TYPICAL ONE IS MY DAUGHTER. I'M SAD FOR MY BOYS.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RaggedyAnne
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Make sure you get them into an Early Intervention Program as soon as possible. I've gone through that process. There's also a group you can join ( Moms With Kids In Early Intervention ) Good Luck.

1blessedmomof4
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I know how you feel...really. All my boys are there too. It makes me cry if I think about my babies as if there is something wrong. So I don't. I think about those beautiful smiles, the way they giggle, and that I was trusted to raise such extra special boys. God bless you my friend. We are here....if you need aa few shoulders.

Beth-Ami
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:00 AM

huggingBig hugs to you. Hang in there mama.

bxmom2580
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:36 AM

thank you all for your support, i just hope and pray they will improve as time goes on so they can lead an independant life one day.

Beth100
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:13 AM

washing dishesWell, I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis!  You will have your hands full.  Hopefully, since they are their own little community, they will thrive together.  I don't understand the burden you have, but I KNOW they are also a blessing.  You and your little ones will be in my prayers.  Do get some intervention for them asap.  God bless you, Beth100

patty700
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:22 PM

God bless you and yours.may i ask a question? Did you get your self checked for mercury before you got pregnant? And did your children get shots?Just wondering as I read different posts.Thank you,and i do believe as my daughter now 11 and a half is soooooooo much better but i wish she would have had a sister or brother because she never had a friend and i have been sick most of her life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)