Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Progress

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 199 Total Views
Hi everyone,

I know that this is probably the first time you have ever seen a post from me. But, I have to tell my story.
Late last year we took my son to get screened, there was no real diagnosis. It was the board of education and they said that they suspected he is autistic. My initial reaction was well, I don't know what to do. So I bought books, became overwhelmed. One day my dad was watching tv and and told me to put it on a channel no one ever watches. I put it there, I saw an infomercial about Your Baby Can Read. Oh man! This program is so wonderful that my eyes are tearing up while I am typing this. My son I think had been delayed with speech. This program has helped him emensely. He walks around saying the words,that's more that just sounds. I love it. It teaches phonics as well. So, this may not not work for everyone but for those who think it can try it. My son is three years old and can read 160 words.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bellesan
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Wow that's great. 

SantaMom
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Now see, I've been wondering about this, too.  I could care less if she can read yet BUT as you said from even a speech point of view I see some merit to the program.  Just wanted to hear from someone who's actually used it.  Can you tell us more?  Do you think the method is similar to VBA??

Beth100
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM

moms rockI'm really interested.....how does one access this program?  We are all captivated.....Tell us more!  Beth100

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)