• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Career Day: What do our kids want to be when they grow up

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 579 Total Views

Yesterday was career day at school. Paul at first wanted to go as Master Chief from Halo. He had his costume all ready to go. He wants to go to the War College to get his degree to do this. After we talked it over, he agreed that If their may be no aliens around to fight. SO he decided he would still go to the War College, but be a Captain in the US Army (With training in super big weapons of course). Below is a photo of Paul and Becky on career day. Becky wants to be a military Dr. She's paying for college with her basketball scholarship of course!

I think it would be fun to show what our kids want to do and what dreams they have.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherRene72
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM

My oldest, Dani (13), my Aspie...wants to be a Marine Biologist.

My youngest, Baileigh (10), wants to be either a cosmotologist or Pastry Chef.

Dani Rene                Baileigh Nikol

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM

MY Kyle I think he would love to be  working on the railroad,  He loves trains.  We are always driving by and waving to Mr Conductor.. He loves Fireman and Police. Only the loud noises would scare him .  Mr Man Kyle the Conductor for Southern Pants off... OR for BNSF-OREO'S, that is what he calls the trains , American Red Flag.. You may call us Veteran Trains Trackers. Love it !!!                                         veterans day        patriotic                                                                                                                               

mommyJanice44

2nsmom
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

My son has stated again and again that he wants to be a NASCAR driver when he grows up. He gets so much out of watching it on TV and knows a lot about it. He loves to drive go karts and also has met his favorite driver, Tony Stewart. I am always telling him he can be whatever he wants to, if he loves it enough!  Here he is as his favorite driver on Halloween 2007 and also getting his shirt signed by Tony last year! Go Nathan!

PJSMOMMIE
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM

i asked pj what he wanted to be and he said needs to go to work to eat. for a while he wanted to open a cafe that only sold hot cocoa. and alex (4) wants to be a big boy ...

Co-Admin To:

Are you a NY Mom of a child with Special Needs? Join Us-click here!!

Know someone with Cerebral Palsy? Join Understanding & Living with Cerebral Palsy 
  Do you sometimes feel like you are going crazy? Join us at Crazy Moms with Crazy Kids

nursetroutt
by Group Admin on Feb. 15, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Love the replies!

~ JANA
nursetroutt
by Group Admin on Feb. 15, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Quoting 2nsmom:

My son has stated again and again that he wants to be a NASCAR driver when he grows up. He gets so much out of watching it on TV and knows a lot about it. He loves to drive go karts and also has met his favorite driver, Tony Stewart. I am always telling him he can be whatever he wants to, if he loves it enough!  Here he is as his favorite driver on Halloween 2007 and also getting his shirt signed by Tony last year! Go Nathan!

At first I thought the orange shirt was from Hooters, lol!

USAF.Wife
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 5:13 PM

today molly says she wants to work at the zoo.tomorrow it will be something else.

ktnliv
by Member on Feb. 15, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Sometimes Olivia (7) says she wants to be a weather girl, sometimes it is a teacher.  Once she said she wanted to be a veterinarian, but she couldnt because she eats meat.  My VERY FAVORITE was a picture she brought home from school that said, "when I grow up I want to  be__________" and each child was to fill in the blank.  Olivia's said, "When I grow up, I want to be GREAT".  What more could I hope for?

mamatware
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Quoting ktnliv:

Sometimes Olivia (7) says she wants to be a weather girl, sometimes it is a teacher.  Once she said she wanted to be a veterinarian, but she couldnt because she eats meat.  My VERY FAVORITE was a picture she brought home from school that said, "when I grow up I want to  be__________" and each child was to fill in the blank.  Olivia's said, "When I grow up, I want to be GREAT".  What more could I hope for?

I think that is the best reply yet!!!!!  I asked Robby, 4, and he didn't "get it", so he didn't asnwer...but I would vote for plumber....he's obsessed with the toilet right now!!!!

Adrienne1998
by Member on Feb. 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM

My little girl cant talk but at this point I really see a chef in our future. She loves food so much who knows. Now we did ask our son who is 7 and he says hes going to be like his father. A Marine and a Firefighter! But heres the deal he likes to see specs and wants to check out Airplains in and out so Im guessing hes going to be an Airplane Mechanic or come up with a new Airplane design. Probably something that shoots out spider webs, green goo and can land under water to attack monsters hidden in the deep blue. Who knows Im real curious to find out. I tell him It just has to be something good because Bad guys never win.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)