• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Little Info regarding vaccines - no debate here, just news

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

OK, please don't anyone get all bent out of shape here -- I just have a bit of info that may be of interest to others who aren't absolutely anti-vaccine, but still feel cautious about any potential threat or toxins...

We recently changed peds, because while our last ped had a very impressive educational history, he was pretty closed-minded about ASD.  Anyway, the new ped is great & very openly shares all sorts of thoughts, & resources.  When flu season came around, they were able to give Matthew a nasal mist (no preservatives) & got insurance to cover it.  When I went for my flu shot (completely different clinic & doctors), I asked the nurse if he could give me more info on this nasal mist (just skeptical, I guess) & he looked it up verified for me that it did not contain thermosil -- however they don't use it at my clinic due to cost & short shelf life.  At Little Guy's recent visit to his clinic, ped told us she will not use any vaccine that contains thermosil or toxic preservatives & that she purchases all her vaccines in single doses that are refrigerated.  She gave us a bunch of data (that I haven't yet read) on the topic & all the lots of the vaccines he has received.

Anyway, my point is that there apparently are alternatives to the traditional vaccines.  Talk to your peditrician.  Matthew's prior ped never discussed any of this with us, but now we have someone who is sensitive to the risk of potential toxins.  I have never been strongly anti-vaccine & I don't want to start that debate.  However, I do believe any way I can keep anything toxic out of his system, is a benefit for him.  I am happy to know that there are alternative vaccines & wanted to share that to those who may have an interest.  I mean no insult to those of you who have experienced vaccine issues, or those who would never vaccinate your child -- I know this is not of interest you you, but some do want to vaccinate their child and it may be helpful for them to know that you can get the refrigerated vaccines.

This was news to me & I thought I would share it.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bellesan
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Thanks for sharing that info I was wondering if there are other vaccines that are non-thermisol.  We did the flu-mist too and didn't have and adverse effects.  We are not doing the 5-yr boosters until we find some without thermisol.  Now I know they do exist.  Thanks again.

j_p8381
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:19 PM

you rock

rocknrazrbld
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM

most vaccines actually dont have it in them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)