• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question and something cool =]

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:48 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

Ok, first of all, my son's teacher told me about a browser at zacbrowser.com made especially for children with autism. Its just a web bowser filled with games, music, tv...things like that but all safe for kiddos. Its free to download, so you should check it out. All my kids like it.

Ok, now I have a quick question....my son is working on counting and he'll say 123...3...3...3 he will NOT say 4. He has before, but now he seems stuck, and when I ask him to say 4 he starts crying!? I'm not really sure the best way to go about this, any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Live as though Christ died yesterday, rose from the grave today, and is coming back tomorrow. ----Theodore Epp

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Elfgirl101
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Poor little thing. Perhaps he has suddenly got a "thing" (if you know what I mean) about going past 3? Or about the number 4?

My son sometimes gets "things" (don't know what else to call it!) about certain things (haha! I need to expand my vocabulary). A lot of the time it seems to be for no reason that I can understand. I wouldn't push him. Maybe in a couple of days see if he's still the same way, and if he is, try to gently talk to him about it.Sometimes my son has reasons for his reactions that I would never have thought of.

How old is he? If he's very young, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep checking him on & off on counting. You may find that it's just temporary.Sometimes children regress for no discernible reason, and it is not a problem. They just come back to it later, & it's like it never happened. If he still cannot count to 4 after some time, then I would take him to the dr.

Good luck.

PS Thanks for the greeat tip about zacbrowser!

jeana
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Thank you! I was thinking about it and he did this last year with the color orange (he kept saying red even though I had heard him say orange a lot) after a few weeks he went right back to saying orange...just one of those "things" lol...you cracked me up with that! Anyways, he really seems like he thinks he is saying 4, you know like he is thinking 4 but its coming out 3 for some reason, cause he can go on to 5..6..7 etc...does that make sense? lol 

Live as though Christ died yesterday, rose from the grave today, and is coming back tomorrow. ----Theodore Epp

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)