Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am new to chat

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 158 Total Views

I am new to this and i don't really know how all this is going to come out so bear with me.  I have 3 children i have a daughter who is 19 , and 2 boys 15 year old michael has or is not diagnosed yet but i know he has asbergers.  and my 4 year old hunter who is autistic.

My story is ok my son michael is allot older then my little one and when he was a baby he was late doing everything like hunter the tempers, rages the communication and all that, the doctors all said (at that time) boys are later then girls so my son has grown up the hard way and we have too, because he was probly doing things he was being punished for because he didnn't know any better. (punishments spankings, time outs taken something away ) nothing bad lol just wanted you to know...lol

i feel so bad because here he is we have gone through the school system he is such a smart boy but noorganization skills so that makes it harder he doesn't want to do homework and he thinks if it is not something he wants to learn that it is stupid and since he was in k we knew that he needed help but they gave him all the testing and they said he is too smart for special ed so they wouldn't help him.. well he went all those years with no help the struggle the yelling about grades and everything..

then we had our baby i say our cause michael was such and is a big part of hunters life he watched him being born . and everyday with him well we started to notice little things with hunter like he wouldn't follow us with his eyes no eye contact and no matter how hard we would try he wouldn't smile too often it worried me but everyone said he was just a serious baby,

well i would talk to him every second of the day when he was awake i would see him get that far away look and i would talk to him and he would snap out of it but as soon as i quit he would go blank i noticed my husband kept telling me that he is just a baby how can you talk and talk to him when he doesn't know what you are saying well you know what the doctors told me ... that is the best thing you could have done for him because i got him out of his shell who knows if he would have stayed inside himself if i wouldn't have kept talking .

well anyway that is what i believe.. well he was about 3 years old when i thought ok he loves things that spin fans , airconditioners anything.. you name it he would sit for hours if i would let him go to grocery stores he would look at the fans in the freezers and not want to leave. well allot more too but this is getting long and it is so hard to put into words lol but to make a long story short he is amazing he is high functioning autistic and let me tell you i have my days with him too he has the fits but they have gotten allot better and headstart is the best thing in the world he got in when he was 2 and i cried i just didn't want him to go cause i was afraid they would be mean to him or the kids would tease him but you know he is doing great he was talking sentences within 2 weeks and he has a personality and he pretends

he is just amazing but getting back to maichael i talked to the teachers there and i told them about my older boy and how his grades wre and that he had allot of the same things going on but not to the same degree but my cousin has a boy that has asbergers and she told me about him and i thought omg that is michael the teachers looked at me cause they all thought i was stupid or something until they started asking me questions and i remembered things and they met with him.. you see michael had to learn by himself to be social and he does a great job but you have to remember we didn't know nothing about this ... for all those years so michael adapted he still has social problems but he is socible.. he is complex and very stubbor and he is now 6'3 211 pounds of boy and i tell you if i could turn the clock back and know more i think he would have so much easier of a time expecially school .. but he is a good boy not too social after school he sticks to home and loves to play games.. he playes for the football team at school he has lots of obsessions.. and he is just sooo sjmart and what a memory i can't believe it... we are blessed he has a good head on his shoulders at first glance you would never know.. but you know i think it is the asbergers and autism in my life that has made us just a lot closer of a family because you almost get to where you don't want to take the kids anywhere... because of the rages expcially in hunter it just was easier to keep them home and safe with us.. so you see we love and we will always have that our days are long and demanding but we have eachother

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Welcome you said a lot of what I went through with my son he is 17 5'9 200 , Your story had a lot of bits and pieces of my life in there . Thinking back on how we had to figure everything out and no now that it was just what we needed to do .. Are children are right where they are supposed to be .. Talk about the memories my Child has one too ..This is why we are here so other mother don't have to try to figure all this out on there own .. What a blessing I have found in knowing there are so many resource and Doctors etc ect it mind blowing.. Thanks for the Happy story and how you as a family share such a close bond , how much I could relat to alot of what you had to share.........                                   MommyJanice44                      

welcome to cafemom

Ms. Janice and My Son, Mr. Man Kyle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)