Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very Disturbing Video: Your Child & The Dentist-piog

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:21 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 841 Total Views

I saw this in a journal & I'm posting here as well my other grps to spread the word. This is so disturbing I don't even have words to express my true feelings. Please keep this video in mind at your childs next dental visit.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jynnifer292
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I couldn't even finish watching it. It just made me sick. I would NEVER bring my child anywhere that said that I could not be in the room with them. The only reason that you would not be able to be in the room would be if they were hiding something. Those poor kids. SOBs 

We are all shades of gray. It’s been said again and again; life’s a process. We are fleeting moments that come and go, and I am grateful to have my time, my aspirations and my mistakes, my flaws and my abilities. Think of me what you will, but before you do, don’t. Alexander William Gaskarth

autumnsmommy02
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Dentists scare the crap out of me I could never leave my child alone with one. That video is heartwrenching. I can't even watch it all I'm so nauseas! 

babywildcat
by Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:49 PM

That is so scary! 

Mommy to one handsome little fella'!                      

meghaylie
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I would never ever leave my child alone with the dentist. You legally dont have to. They Cannot keep you from them. My dentist actually has open rooms so there is no closed doors.

PJSMOMMIE
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 7:18 AM

im with you!

Quoting Jynnifer292:

I couldn't even finish watching it. It just made me sick. I would NEVER bring my child anywhere that said that I could not be in the room with them. The only reason that you would not be able to be in the room would be if they were hiding something. Those poor kids. SOBs 

Co-Admin To:

Are you a NY Mom of a child with Special Needs? Join Us-click here!!

Know someone with Cerebral Palsy? Join Understanding & Living with Cerebral Palsy 
  Do you sometimes feel like you are going crazy? Join us at Crazy Moms with Crazy Kids

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I didn't finish watching it either. Once when I was younger the dentist gave me at least 25 shot in my mouth . My Mother never believed me . Now I Still have no gotten over the fear of needles I need to get Blood work but I sweat and almost pass out just from the thought of it . That was an eye popper that things like this happen still today, I would never let someone not let me go in the room with my child!!! I don't care who the heck they are.  NEVER !! Sicking story And I just woke up Great lol............. needed to be told so Thank you .
                                                                       MommyJanice44

Of all Special Needs Children!

als2004
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM

i am completely sick to my stomach from watching that.  i couldnt even finish the video!!    words cant describe how awful that is.  it just goes to show that even when you are relying on professionals to do something with your child, it doesnt make it safe or okay.  we should all use our best judgement when it comes to our kids and trust our gut instincts.  no matter how over protective we may seem to be..... we are protecting our kids the best we know how to.   thank you so much for showing this to us.  as parents of children with autism we all know how they can sometimes be taken advantage of from children AND  adults. 

may we all be able to protect out children from monsters like this and have the strength to stand up for all our children (special needs or not) everyday.

god bless our children and all of us, and may he give us the strength to follow our  instincts as to what we know is best for our kids.

amy

Jynnifer292
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Someone else posted this same topic somewhere else and a lot of moms found it odd that people would let their kids go back by themselves. I know I did when I was a kid. I wouldn't let my son because he would be terrified.  People need to stop automatically trusting people just because they have the title of doctor. We should always question anything that seems off. Namely, a sign that says that you cannot go back with your child. I posted this on the other topic though.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of us just expect that a doctor would not be treating anyone, let alone children, this way.  My sister went to a clinic one weekend last April because her tooth hurt so bad she couldn't wait for her own dentist. He pulled her tooth and sent her on her way.  It nearly cost her her life. He never mentioned that it was terribly infected and sent her off without antibiotics. About a week later, her husband rushed her to the hospital with pain in her chest. Her blood was septic, her lungs were packed. The most excruciating week of our life, she was on life support unable to breathe on her own. Miraculously, she made it. We always need to question anything that seems messed up. My sister did wonder if she would need antibiotics but didn't ask because she assumed that if she needed them, he would have given them to her. The sign in that children's dentist office would have been a red flag for some of us but we would never expect that kind of abuse.

We are all shades of gray. It’s been said again and again; life’s a process. We are fleeting moments that come and go, and I am grateful to have my time, my aspirations and my mistakes, my flaws and my abilities. Think of me what you will, but before you do, don’t. Alexander William Gaskarth

ParentPartner
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM

We live in California and there is a VERY popular dentist here that is JUST for children. They have the board that was shown in the the video and they DO NOT allow parents to go in with their children. HA! No one said anything about anything when I made the appointment for my son. They called his name and we stood up to go to the back-they stopped me and tried to tell me I couldnt go in. HA! Yeah sure. I WENT IN, THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GOING TO LET HIM GO IN THERE ALONE. I HELD HIM ON MY LAP. I would never let my child go alone.

"My son has Autism and HE thinks you're weird TOO!"confused

Jynnifer292
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Quoting ParentPartner:

We live in California and there is a VERY popular dentist here that is JUST for children. They have the board that was shown in the the video and they DO NOT allow parents to go in with their children. HA! No one said anything about anything when I made the appointment for my son. They called his name and we stood up to go to the back-they stopped me and tried to tell me I couldnt go in. HA! Yeah sure. I WENT IN, THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GOING TO LET HIM GO IN THERE ALONE. I HELD HIM ON MY LAP. I would never let my child go alone.

How did they react to that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)