Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 330 Total Views

I was just wondering how do you parents of the older lower functioning child with autism function daily.  I feel as though I am losing it.  My son does nothing for himself, will not take a shower, will not brush his teeth, will not make simple meals( a sandwich for example) will not clean up his room and urinates on himself constantly.  On top of that he has behaviors that keep us from having any kind of a social life, so all holidays are spent alone.  He has no school for the next 11 days just the thought of waking up every morning stuck in this tiny apartment day after day is giving me a pounding headache.  I am so sick and tired of this life it is a horrible way to live.  I wish I would not have bought my second son into this world.  His life is just awful because he is stuck here with us in all of our misery.   I just wish there was someway to have even a minute of happiness.  All my mind can focus on these days is how unfortunate we are.  We have nothing left over after the rent and utilities are paid and my son's SSI is paying those.  Child support floats in and out.  I can not even think about Easter hopefully my younger son will not realize that it is even Easter Sunday.  Just needed to vent a little I guess.  Just overwhelmed and stressed beyond belief.

MS KITTYcat

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
youngmm
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM

how old is he?

i have days like these too. Like when i surprise my son with a trip to toy store..and throws the biggest fit a almost 4 yr old could ever throw, and im like WHY DID I BRING HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!? lol hugs

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I just wrote you a long letter letting you know how you are feeling is exactly how I feel some day's my life is exactly like yours with your son ...Keep a positive outlook on life , I will write you . keep smiling . I know how hard it is I felt the same way every year when vacations came . I fell this way a lot I just can't let it get to me . It is not going to help anything getting so depressed over any of .it trust that everything is going to be ok .... I know with Kyle a lot of the foods make him crazy but then again that is hard when he only eats of few different foods , Hang in there sweetness . Just have fun with your son .. Your son doesn't know everything he is missing .. That little guy is going to be a blessing someday ... Keep your chin up & be strong and know that we can do this . you can do it smile through the pain . cute little guy on the bottom. Can you imagin how are kidd's feel he can not help it . So try to be silly with him and have fun. I know it goes way deeper than this just better to deal with life in a positve way, thinking negative only makes us worse.... bless your heart honey . I will be thinking about ya . .. The first letter I wrote ya that got wiped off the page I was telling you , like patty said , I sometimes scream when I am in the shower , My heart feels   ya . 

Pround Mom to my Son, Kyle

Aidansmom213
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:48 AM

I would love it if you found a good babysitter and got out once in a while. You poor thing, you have got to find some way of having  a little bit of time for yourself. I can only imagine how hard it is for you to do that. If you ever need to talk, write to me.

pattie14
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 5:02 AM

you need to find a service that provides services  for your son, check with your welfare department,or your local mental health hospital some agencies provide pull ups babysitters and programs he can go to in the summer time. i will write you back later today with more information. please honey if you have to just go outside for 5 min. and yell honest to god you may think your son knows what you are saying when you are crying and begging him to just put on his shirt but his mind just does not think like ours does , believe me i know i have a 17year old but in his mind he is only 5 so i spend lots of time crying and begging god to help he does help sometimes you just have to be still and listen.if you have a mom or sister beg them to take your little one if only for 1hr. just to give you breathing room.i swear i will write you back today. keep going you can do this.

Iconua
by Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Sister you are not alone. yes I still bathe him, brush his teeth, lose sleep, no personal time unless he's sleep or at school(bout 12a-6a, & he's been out because he's sick-over a month) He's 6'4,160 lbs, Im 5'3, & it's hard as hell. You got to learn to change your view - mentally. It ain't easy. Vent. Scream. Cry. But bounce back.....when you can't find a way, make 1. We are already in God's favor. Here is a spiritual hug from me to you, stay strong.

From 1 special mother to another,

Iconua

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)