Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyones children here NOT vacinated?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:26 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 470 Total Views

Just wondering if anyones autistic children here were not vaccinated? I'm really on the fence about this now. Also thank you to all you ladies in this forum for helping me with my questions you are such a big help!

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jalemans
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM
Parents are all over the board about this issue & many feel so strongly that posts about this topic can degenerate into something less than plesant. If you trust your peditrician, I suggest you discuss this with him/her. Our current ped will not use any vaccine with thermosil & she uses vaccines that are refrigerated instead of those with perservatives to extend shelf life & this eases my mind as we do vaccinate. For me, the reality is that people die from the illnesses we vaccinate against. I believe our guy was born with ASD & I really don't know what, if any, role vaccination may play in the complex issue of ASD, so I can't say the choice is ASD or potential death from a serious illness -- that is way too simplistic. I will say that things added to vaccines seem scary, but also most children vaccinated do not develop ASD. Also, some moms don't vaccinate & their child still developes ASD. My best advice is to discuss this with a professional that you trust & make an informed decision. Everybody needs to decide for themselves & neither decision is "wrong" -- your decision will be what is right for your individual child & family.
mamatware
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Quoting jalemans:

Parents are all over the board about this issue & many feel so strongly that posts about this topic can degenerate into something less than plesant. If you trust your peditrician, I suggest you discuss this with him/her. Our current ped will not use any vaccine with thermosil & she uses vaccines that are refrigerated instead of those with perservatives to extend shelf life & this eases my mind as we do vaccinate. For me, the reality is that people die from the illnesses we vaccinate against. I believe our guy was born with ASD & I really don't know what, if any, role vaccination may play in the complex issue of ASD, so I can't say the choice is ASD or potential death from a serious illness -- that is way too simplistic. I will say that things added to vaccines seem scary, but also most children vaccinated do not develop ASD. Also, some moms don't vaccinate & their child still developes ASD. My best advice is to discuss this with a professional that you trust & make an informed decision. Everybody needs to decide for themselves & neither decision is "wrong" -- your decision will be what is right for your individual child & family.

Excellent response!!!!!! 2 Thumbs up!!!!!  I personally beleive that their is more than one cause of autism, and that vaccines are the trigger in some cases, but those kids-where vaccines have triggered autism have never been studied.  Most kids do get vaccinated with no problems at all, but at the same time,  until we know why those kids reaccted the way they did, I am for caution.  Which means I am delaying vaccines on my 2 youngest-my oldest is fully vax'd on schedule, I don't think vaccines had anything to do with Robby's disabilities, but at the same time don't want to take the risk.  I am delaying and seperating shots on the other two....because to me it is reasonable that exposing some children to multiple illnesses/diseases that can result in death all at once can cause neuro damage (aka autism), some kids can handle it just fine, other's can't, and since some can't, and their is no way to identify those kids....I personally feel, better safe than sorry.

faeriemamma
by on May. 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Awesome responses above!

And to answer your original question... Yes.   My children are not vaccinated, my boys are offically dx'd PDDNOS, and my girl (though not dx'd) we believe is also on the spectrum.  (I have a dx of Aspergers that I received about 6-8 mo ago)

whitequeen96
by Member on May. 11, 2009 at 2:07 AM

I suggest you read this.  It has some extremely interesting statistics about autism cases in all the other industrialized countries, who all give their kids 1/2 the number of vaccinations we do, or even less!  Their rates of autism are much, much lower than ours, and our death rate for children under 5 is also one of the worst!  http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/lkl-blog-exclusive-autism-is-preventable-and-reversible/

Here is the part of the article that I found the most shocking.  (Sorry about the yellow highlight, but I sent the article to my Mom and highlighted this part.  I can't seem to get it out.)

Few parents appreciate that American kids are the most vaccinated on the planet. Generation Rescue just released a study called “Autism and Vaccines Around the World” which will surprise many. We looked at the vaccine schedules of 30 other first world countries to compare how many doses of vaccines children receive. What did we find? Compared to our 36, the average for the rest of the first world is 18, or half of the U.S. schedule. Perhaps more shocking, we looked at countries with the lowest rates of mortality for children under 5 (the U.S. ranks a disappointing 34th, behind Cuba and Slovenia). How many vaccines do the 5 countries with the lowest under 5 mortality rates give? Well, Iceland, Sweden, Singapore, Japan, and Norway give 11, 11, 13, 11, and 13 vaccines respectively - all less than 1/3 the number of vaccines the U.S. mandates!

How do autism rates compare in some of these other countries? Iceland’s rate is 1 in 1,000, Finland’s 1 in 700, and Sweden’s 1 in 800. These countries give 1/3 the vaccines we do and have autism rates that are as little as one-tenth of ours? Something isn’t right.

triciatidmore
by New Member on May. 11, 2009 at 6:47 AM

Hello,I am a newby here.To answer the question,I have 2 sets of kids my oldest 2 ages 36 and 31 were vaccinated.My only daughter 29 wasn't.The reason being she was born sick and so I kept "waiting" for the right time.She was dx'd at 27 with aspergers.My 13 yr old and 9 yr old have never been vaxed except for the hepatitus shot they recieved at birth.The 13 yr old has dx of aspergers.

IF I could go back and do it all over again I wuld have all m kids @ home and not vax at all. I still believe some kids just can't take it and be "well" also they are vaxing too close together IMO.

I know I seem like I am contradicting myself with the older kids having their vaxs being ok,but back then they didn't give as many,nor did they give them so close together.

Also I do not believe mine are autistic due to the vax's they recieved.I just think vaxing so much and so often is not good for their systems.I hope this makes somewhat since.If not let me know.it's very early for me.lol

Japop
by Member on May. 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I love this discussion!

The reality is that whether or not you believe there is a relationship between vaccines and Autism the greater issue is the value of the current vaccination schedule.  I am a physician.  In being a physician, I am brain washed into believing that vaccination saves lives.  It is necessary to risk some children's health for the benefit to the greater good.  Well, we are no longer saving lives.  We are vaccinating newborns for Hep B.  Has anyone ever asked whether this is necessary.  If the parents don't have Hep B, and the newborn doesn't plan on having sex anytime soon, there is a 0% chance of contracting this disease-  and yet, we give them 3 doses--  and then-- re-vaccinate because it isn't effective prior to the infant developing it's own immune system.  What about tetanus?  Well, unless your newborn cuts themselves on a rusty object that has been urinated on, again, 0% chance.  Polio-- hasn't existed in north america for 25 odd years, and the last reported case was given to them --- yep, by the vaccintation!  I could go on for days.  Anyway, vaccination didn't cause my child's autism, Fragile X did.  But, I still won't vaccinate my child in the way prescribed by the mainstream because it is unnecessary and only fuels the pharmaceuticals assault on our country.

Japop
MamaGlitterBug
by Group Admin on May. 14, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Ok to sum it in nutshell based on My family and my stepdaughter's family...

Stepdaughter age 9 normal but gets sick frequently

My daughter: 6, chronic ear infections starting 3 days after Prevnar vaccines *its in medical records*

My son: 4. autistic and epilepsy...was fully vax til his MMR & flu shot which completely shut him down

The baby: 2, vax 3 times each time having reactions so we stopped. Now is healthiest and most 'normal'.

My stepdaughter's brother: 6, vaccinated and aspie

Her baby brother: 2 unvaccinated and also healthiest and normal.

So out of 6 kids:

Vaccinated ones are sickest & 2 boys are on spectrum, the 2 unvax or least vax children are healthiest and developmentally normal.

I'm Jess...wife to Jared...Mama of 3 +1 (sd)=4 children. Amanda (sd) 9, Amethyst  6, Isaac 4 & Elijah almost 2.  Isaac has special needs: autism and epilepsy. I support Nursing In Public and am anti-vaccines. Check out my page on myspace!  http://myspace.com/glitterbug03

littlejjsmommy
by Member on May. 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM
My kids are vacinated, one is sick the other one is not. My son doesn't get sick by the flu shot and has never gotten sick with any shots, so I know his problems have nothing to do with his shots. A good friend of mine decided no to vacinate her child and she got very sick when she was 3 and now 3 years later she is not fully recovered. Needless to say her second child was vacinated and he is doing great. Not every chils is the same and not every parent feels the same about vacinating thier kids. I chose to just because I didn't want my children without any protection againts some of these horrible deseases
Proud Mom Of An Autistic Son and An NT Daughter
֖å
MamaRita
by Group Owner on May. 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM

As Group Owner of this Awesome Support & Informative Group I want to first & foremost say, to every single response to this Mom's question is absolutely, fantastic answers. I was going to quote a few of them, but after reading them all, I would need to quote each one of you. Most of you that know me, Know that I am very passionate about vaccine's, because of what happened to my typical little Grandson at 20/mos old. He was counting to 20, reciting the entire alphabet, knew every single color, ETC. He had 6/shots at 20/mos including the MMR, he was behind on his vaccine's due to constant ear infections. Less than 1 Month later, our Typical, happy, healthy little guy started head banging, flapping his hands, flipping stuffed animals for hours, stopped talking, stared at us with a blank stare, lost his motor skills & ability to socialize completely. We had no idea 10 years ago of all the toxins in vaccine's, not to mention the increased schedule. Like mamatware said, I truly believe that their are other factors, like predisposed genes, environmental, etc. I know for a fact that Vaccine's pulled the trigger with Lane, too many too soon, & full of toxins, all of his vaccines had thermosil in them. We couldn't get a diagnosis until he was 4 years old, His vaccine records was pulled by Dr.Stephanie Cave http://www.stephaniecave.com/

She stated "Lane was injected with enough thermosil alone to have killed a 500 pound man". None of his blood cells were properly functioning, his blood was white filled with yeast, his gut was almost rotten from Leaky Gut Syndrome, she also stated that his craving was due to being a morphine addict, the yeast & mercury caused his body to produce a natural morphine! He developed Pica & grazed outside like a goat. We tried to get help here for Lane, no Doctor in our area would help us. Today, Lane is 10, still not main-streamed in school, he gets lots of therapy, recently started hippotherapy & hyperbaric chamber therapy. He is improving everyday. I am so glad you Mom's now have all of this info & are doing your homework. You are all Awesome Mom's & give it all you got for your precious children. Good job to all of you. goodRita

daydreaminmom
by Member on May. 15, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Both of my kids were "selectively and delayed" in vaccinations. My son had to have a pnumonia (sp?) shot as a toddler when he got very sick. But his problems have been traced to genetics on all accounts. Asperger's runs very strongly in my family (at least one uncle and 2 cousins with it, now my son as well) and my son's father still has severe ADHD as an adult which was deemed a "age resistant" strain that was "likely to be genetically passed down".

My children's pediatrician doesn't believe in the vaccine-autism link, but he DOES believe in spacing vaccines out and only giving the important ones that MY children are likely to be exposed to in their daily lives.

My daughter hasn't shown any symptoms of signs of autism or any developmental delays. Quite on the contrary, she is very ahead of other children her age in nearly all areas. At 19mnths she's speaking in sentences, asking questions and understanding answers, running, walking backwards strongly and shows problem solving skills.
But we are, of course, watching her every move for signs of problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)