Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foods

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:53 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 192 Total Views

I'm trying to figure out if gluten free foods is basically the same as organic? If anyone knows please let me know!! thanks:)

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
noahgsmom
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 8:00 AM

No gluten and casein free do not neccessarily mean organinc.  Organic is the way the food is grown and or manufactured.  Gluten and casien are proteins found in certain foods.  A really great place to learn about this is gluten free living or the organic way(I think anyhow).  Some people think the diets(gfcf), yeast removal or organic can help.  I say if all it does is improve your diet your already a step ahead of everyone else, so why not.  Good luck finding information.

Heather

als2004
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 8:36 AM

hi leah,

my son is on a gluten free diet so hopefully i can help you some.  NOT all organic food is gluten free food, although a lot of gluten free food seems to be organic.  i find a lot of GF (gluten free) food at Whole Foods grocery store.  they seem to have a good selection and some things i can not find anywhere else.  i also find things at Shaws and market basket.  you really have to price watch GF food though.  the prices are all over the place.  mostly i find that it averages out to be about $5 - $6 for each item.  there are also some GF bakerys available as well.  do a google serch to find some in your area.  i get GF reciepes emailed to me from The Gluten Free Mall online.  if you need any other pionters get in touch with me.  one big suggestion....... taste all the food, some of it is horrible tasting, youll weed out the bad manufacturers after a little bit of time. 

take care and good luck.

amy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)