Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADOS tomorrow for my youngest-SO NERVOUS!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 312 Total Views

Yes, tomorrow is the day. The research team from UNC is coming to the house to do his ADOS. My older son has moderate level autism/ no retardation and I guess I'm really prepared and well broken in should the test reveal the baby is also on the spectrum. I guess, somewhere inside, I'm really hoping he's not. It's more likely he is though- sensory issues, speech delay, will only eat certain foods, likes to spin plates, line things up, etc. I guess it's better to know... my mind says that, my heart isn't quite ready... help me out here gang! This is hard!  I could use some prayers! Thanks!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pauladenise
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Praying for you!  Hugs to you!  We are all here!

Pauladenise
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Let us know how it goes today, mama.  Hugs and encouragement.

destiny29
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Well, they just left the house. They will be scoring it and sending me info. later. He seemed to do well at everything but pretend play. He had no interest in pretnding it was the baby's birthday. He gave eye contact about 50% of the time which was better than normal! Now, I have to hold my breath and wait.

myheartx4
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:21 PM

hang in there destiny, he is still perfect and wonderful, no matter what that piece of paper says.

Enormous Hugs to you and your little guys,

Beth100
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:56 PM

bouncing momHugs to you!  Of course you have our prayers and all the positive vibes we can round up to send your way.  We love you and your little ones.....it's amazing how this group becomes like family!  Keep us posted........Beth100

destiny29
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Thank you everyone! It has been a VERY stressful day for me emotionally- painful at times and exciting at others. I wasn't given much after the actual test but from what she did say, and from what I saw myself, there are definate signs of autistic tendecies there. He did fantastic in the academic part- knowing letters, numbers, sentences, etc. but when it came to pretend play, eye contact, using toys the way they were intended- well, that didn't go so well. I'm going to take a stab at it and guess he's in the HFA or Aspie range. I just have to wait... I hate waiting! ;) Again, thanks everyone!

MommyJanice44
by Head Admin on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Hang in there destiny , My thoughts and prayers are with you , You are a great lady of faith hold on to that ,, God Bless you .. \

Puzzling
by Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Remember whatever the answer is he is still the cool kid you know and love. Just thinking of you.

lovesal
by Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Hang in there...Keep us posted...HUGS

Autism Is Everywhere        

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)