Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you hadle six kids??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 9:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 589 Total Views
 That is the question I'm asked the most. People don't understand that you have to be paitent and uderstanding.  Most of the people I know have one or two kids. And they have a hard time handleing them.  I tell them that my secert "God only gives us what we can handle." And that I have been blessed with each child.                                        Dodiegirl
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
forannmarie
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2007 at 4:47 PM
The one I get allot is " Is it true after 3 , it really doesn't matter how many you have?"
ARE YOU KIDDING??!!?? I think every child matters, cause each is different.. you can have one child, and if they are the ones that give you the run for your money the money then it may be equivalent to my 6..
Susanbeth71
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2007 at 3:27 PM
I usually get far more rude responses from people when they find out I have 6 kids...."haven't you ever heard of birth control"  seems to be the most common comment I get and others will just look at me like I have 10 heads. I don't let it bother me though...I love each and everyone of my children and see them as the blessings that they are.
krisicute
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2007 at 9:24 AM

We only have 4, though I would love to adopt to have more, and we get the crazy and sometimes ugly looks of "you have how many?" One person even said that we must be catholic just because we have so many children and we homeschool. Most all our friends have 3-5 children. It's nothing new to us, I always wanted a big family. I am loving every day of it too! (P.S. I have nothing against catholics so please don't think I'm trying to be rude- that's just what was told to me personally)

Momoffive
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 2:57 PM
I, too, get this question, along with a multitude of other reactions. And I can relate to the previous posts, I have gotten similar comments.  After the birth my 4th child I had a Dr. hint at getting my tubes tied! I was just astounded!  I have some people who act like they feel sorry for me. But I feel that GOD gave each child to me for reason...They are all blessings!
sgarrett995
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 3:37 PM
We get a lot of comments not only because we have so many, but because they are such different ages. People think I am crazy for adopting children younger than my grandchildren. My grand daughter thinks my 22 month old is a doll baby and wants to play with him all the time. They all love him dearly.
Because I keep my three granchildren during the week while my daughter works, we often have seven children in the house. What people don't realize is that his is normal for us.
Ang07
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 10:57 AM
You know what kills me besides the rude comments is the people who make those rude comments and watching how they can't control the 1 or 2 child/ren that they have! You know the ones I'm talking about... getting into trouble all the time making a scene in the store until they get what they want. I know all kids do these things, but it's always a good feeling after being snubbed and treated like nothing more then a poor baby factory, to see that they can't handle the child or couple of children that they have. Especially when I have all 7 of mine with me in a store and they are all behaving which doesn't always happen but it feels good to have them feel like an ass when they can't control there own after insulting me! I hope that makes sense. Anyways, just don't let people get to you.
momto52007
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:52 PM
OHHHHHHHHHH I SO AGREE!! I know what you are talking about .
nutymom06
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 5:05 PM
lets see our whole life is a schedule...lol..but you know what it really isnt that hard..i am sure all you moms with lots of kids understand...there are tough days and wow this was a great day i didnt scream not once.....lol....
MyGiftsFromGod
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 2:56 PM
You sure can tell I haven't done things right some days! If I am quick to anger or short tempered it is obvious! The whole house turns to chaos. Things go much smoother around here when I keep my cool and use a lot of patience. They tend to follow my lead so it really is up to me the way our day goes. Sometimes it is easy to forget that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)