Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just moved here from Texas

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

Hi  my husband and I just moved here to OKC with our nearly 23 month old daughter.  This is a big change for me.  I was born and raised in Texas....my husband's family all lives here.  He wanted to be closer to his family.  Right now we are looking for  a home church....we are staying in Del City with my husband's grandparents; but we are looking for work and a place of our own as well.  I look forward to talking to some of you girls!  I hope to make lots of friends...I don't know anybody but my husband's family here in OK.

by on Oct. 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyIvy
by on Oct. 18, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Welcome. I just moved to Norman about a month ago.

rmg78
by Member on Oct. 19, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Welcome to OKC. Are you looking for a Christian church?

kltaylor07
by on Oct. 19, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Welcome. I was in the same boat... Born and raised in Dallas but Hubby is from here. He has all of his best friends and family here, while I had to start all over. I came here to go to OU but everyone moved away after we graduated meanwhile I stayed and we started our family. So welcome and you aren't alone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OKFAMILY
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Welcome! I understand what you are going through.  We moved to Edmond from Michigan.  It is a hard move to leave all your family and friends that you have known your whole life. People here in Edmond are very friendly.  I belong to a few mom groups and that helps alot. 

flyfaye
by on Oct. 19, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Thank you for your replies.  Yes we are looking for a christian church...we are wanting to try Harvest OKC.  I hope to be able to join a few moms groups and meet some new people and make some new friends.  Look me up on Facebook if you are interested. 

Virginia Faye Kegin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)