Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being so fair skin

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:19 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 323 Total Views
Do you guys wear shorts? I get so many comments about how fair skinned I am for people who tan, but wealthy women tell me how pretty my skin is. I like being this way, but I hate feeling self-conscious about others. So what does everyone wear in the summer?
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelly4270
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:14 PM

I lay out most every day so I'm pretty tan right now.  I wear shorts, skorts, skirts....etc.

Kelly(AKA Kelly4270)-SAHM to 4!

RoryFennersMom
by Group Owner on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:29 PM
Tan....what is tan????  I would burn, peel and then be white again!!!! I am definitely the whitest person I know! Almost see thru. I also get mixed reactions bout the whitey legs. Some people laugh their ass off and others compliment me on my porcelain skin. I've compromised by wearing capris! Works for me! Also, if someone who is super tan...doesn't like my whiteness...I just tell them that in 20 years...I'll still look smooth and young and they will be wrinkly from all that sun damage...it's true!! We're redheads and we should be proud....even if that means being the whitest person in the room!
areese1234
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Quoting RoryFennersMom:

Tan....what is tan????  I would burn, peel and then be white again!!!! I am definitely the whitest person I know! Almost see thru. I also get mixed reactions bout the whitey legs. Some people laugh their ass off and others compliment me on my porcelain skin. I've compromised by wearing capris! Works for me! Also, if someone who is super tan...doesn't like my whiteness...I just tell them that in 20 years...I'll still look smooth and young and they will be wrinkly from all that sun damage...it's true!! We're redheads and we should be proud....even if that means being the whitest person in the room!

That is me! I work in a cancer center and know first hand that redheads have to worry about melanoma later in life. I wear sunscreen everyday. I also go the capri route.
Kelly4270
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:12 PM

Quoting RoryFennersMom:

Tan....what is tan???? I would burn, peel and then be white again!!!! I am definitely the whitest person I know! Almost see thru. I also get mixed reactions bout the whitey legs. Some people laugh their ass off and others compliment me on my porcelain skin. I've compromised by wearing capris! Works for me! Also, if someone who is super tan...doesn't like my whiteness...I just tell them that in 20 years...I'll still look smooth and young and they will be wrinkly from all that sun damage...it's true!! We're redheads and we should be proud....even if that means being the whitest person in the room!
You are absolutely gorgeous!!

Kelly(AKA Kelly4270)-SAHM to 4!

momof5tn
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:28 PM
 lol  I've been called so many names through the years...powder, casper, the list could go on!!  I've always worn shorts though, despite the comments that my legs blind people! 

Pale is the new tan!!!
oreillyboysmom
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:40 PM
Someone once actually asked me if I had white tights on! Ugh! I don't find very tan skin attractive at all. My husband is super white as well and so are our kids. We can sometimes be the white-est family on the beach!!! But, I am ok and proud of our complexions and I can vouch that roryfennersmom IS gorgeous!
RoryFennersMom
by Group Owner on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:30 PM
You ladies are giving me a complex.....I love it!!!! You are all too sweet!!! YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks, luv ya guys!
wantcoffee
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 8:33 AM
I told you, Wendy!!
I am super white, except my arms, which makes for a very interesting color contrast!  I seem to be mildly disabled when it comes to putting on self-tanners...so I'm giving up on them!   I wear capri's in public, and shorts at home.  I have been the object of ridicule my whole life....I was born in California, you're not allowed to be pale!
bigred48
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Hey there well i wear shorts and skirts and well i do get a lot of comments on how i need a tan blah blah blah.  I tell them it's my Irish skin and well all i do is burn.  I'd like to have a nice tan but it just won't happen not in my life time...lol.
LittleMissBossy
by Member on Sep. 29, 2007 at 11:11 PM
My Husband says he likes my pale skin, although he does ask me sometimes if i have on white tights as well.  I laugh of course I think it is pretty funny!  I always wear 50 SPF even if I am going out of the house for 10 minutes. Even if I am only going to be driving around I wear it.  I have had many sunburns in my life.  My Husband who tans easily thinks I am crazy.  He doesn't understand why I don't want the sunroof open in the car. He says you can't get sunburned in the car unless the sun is right on you!  Do you think that is true because, I don't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)