• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7/24/13 Wednesday WIP Check-in

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 131 Total Views

Hello everyone,

What a week it's been for me so far...work all day then babysitting our 5 1/2 month old grandaughter when I get home from work (dh has been watching her during the day so I'm giving him relief), doesn't leave me any time to crochet and if I do have a little bit of time I'm tired and don't feel like picking up my hook.

So, how has your week been so far?

Have you had time to crochet?

Do you have anything new on your hook?

Anything that you have finished recently?

What's the next project that you want to start?

Have a great week and weekend. 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww to watching your granddaughter.  They are so much fun, but can really wear you out!  ;) 

So, how has your week been so far? My week has been good and busy so far.

Have you had time to crochet? I have found a little time to work on a crochet owl.  Need to finish it and make three more. I have also been working on a Wind Chime Afghan here to there.

Do you have anything new on your hook? Nothing new on the hook this week. I did start a new knitted blanket the other day.

Anything that you have finished recently? I finished a knitted Milo vest and gifted it before taking a picture.....ugh.

What's the next project that you want to start? Hmmm....I think the next project will be a shawl/scarf for me or maybe a hat for my ds.  So  many projects, so little time.  :)

Lee678
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
So, how has your week been so far?
Busy, but not too bad.

Have you had time to crochet?
A bit, not as much as I'd like

Do you have anything new on your hook?
I'm making a pencil case to use as a checkbook holder.

Anything that you have finished recently?
I made a little clutch purse, that turned out cute, but wasn't exactly what I wanted, hence the pencil case.

What's the next project that you want to start?
I found a cute pattern for a very cute stitch, so I wanted to make something with it.
fiddlerbird555
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Yesterday was my birthday. DH went all over town because I said I'd like a 3rd spindle (one is supported, and now used exclusively for cat hair. I wanted another for doing samples and showing people and just because.)

Anyhow, I suggested an Italian restaurant we'd seen and said "we should go sometime". Meal was very tasty, very rich, and we ate on the patio watching the sunset.

Now I've got enough handspun yarn, I'm trying to figure what to do with it.  Lots of different kinds of fibers & blends (including 2 incompatable colors of 1/4 oz each silk). The baby blanket is probably mostly done, by virtue of running out of  yarn. (I should have made it 2-ply).

I've got a couple #10 cotton projects going -- a trivet built around 1 inch plastic rings (and I misplaced the open packet of rings) and a doily, just because I want to play with the technique (Bruges or Brussels lace).  If I like it, I may do something with some of the finer handspun that way.

And I'm threatening to make some steering wheel cozies, because that sucker gets HOT in the summer. Those will probably be knit, though.

laughingsqua125
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

going to be behind on project due to husban geetting sick but will try get one soon

have a nice day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)