Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to add a link to another website when posting a message.

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 540 Total Views

Hi!

I use Chrome browser and I usually have do what is called a hyperlink for the websites I want to direct others to and I've noticed others may have to do the same thing.  I don't know if it's the browser we use or CafeMom.

So, this is how to add a hyperlink to direct others to another website or post, if it doesn't automatically do it when you paste it in your message.

If what you want to direct others to, looks like this Roll Call or like this http://www.crochet.org/ you will need to hyperlink to get it to direct to another place.

To hyperlink/link:

You need to copy the web address you want to post as a link.

You need in your message the words or address that you want to have linked.

Highlight (left click mouse button, hold down, go across all the letters you want to highlight, then release) the words/website that you want directed to another site.  They should look like they are in a shadow box.

Then, if you look the tool bar at the top right, left of the "Add a Sweet Pea" you should see what looks like a chain link.  Click on the chain link and it will open a little box, one slot says "link url" that is where you will paste the website address you have copied.  When you have that in the slot, down near the bottom of that box is an "insert" button, click on that.  Whatever you want linked should look like this:

Roll Call (this is if you have a long website address, you can put just a few words that describe it)

http://www.crochet.org/ (this is linking the complete address)

Now if you find that you didn't get all your letters highlighted afer you added the link, you don't have to redo it because the link will still work.

I hope all of this makes sense and helps.  If you have any questions, let me know.

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mazilch
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:58 AM

bump

Mazilch
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:04 PM

bump

Mazilch
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2015 at 7:10 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)