Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a complete crochet freak!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 299 Total Views
Hi to everyone! My name is tiffany, i am 28 and have a 5 yr old son. I am absolutly crazy for crochet! I have made tons of blankets for my hubby, son, and myself. As well as xmas and bday gifts for friends and family. Last xmas everyone got a scarf. This year everyone is getting a teddy bear ornament. I am half way done with them now. I love to share photos of things i have made and would love to make friends with other crochet freaks. I learned from my nan when i was eleven. She is right handed and i am left, so i crochet right handed like her lol.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fiddlerbird555
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Oddly enough, I usually crochet left-handed, although I'm right handed. I'm not sure whether that's because I was initially taught by my left-handed grandmother (I don't remember if she actually crocheted left-handed or not, and in any case I never learned more than a chain-stitch from her, and usually did it without a hook.) or because I first learned to knit (English) from my mother, and prefer to control the yarn in my right hand.

Lately I've got all these lace books, partly because I'm learning to spin and have very small quantities of fantastic yarn that I"m trying to make the most of.

kary29
by Group Admin on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Welcome Tiffany!  Can't wait to see pictures of your crochet.   :)

TippySpring
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Actually my nan only taught me to chain, single crochet and double. She never learned to read patterns so i figured that all on my own. Here is a link to my photobucket . I hope it works in here. It has only photos of things i have made.. Not everything as i only started taking photos in the last year. http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/TippySpring/library/
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM

welcomeHi Tiffany and Welcome! So nice to meet you!  I am crazy for crochet too and love to make afghans!  My Mom was left handed and learned from a right handed family member, so she always crocheted right handed as well. She is the one who taught me to crochet. Looking forward to seeing those teddy bear ornaments! 

photo angie_zps20f247da.gif

kiweerose
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM

waving hello.

saw your scarves.

really nice and colorful....

TippySpring
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I will try and add some more photos tomorrow, its a busy day. My son is starting online school! Yay!
Mazilch
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Tiffany,

Welcome to the group.  How nice that you make gifts for your family & friends, bday and Christmas.

My aunt inspired me to start crocheting when I was about 50 yo but I'm pretty much self-taught.

TippySpring
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I learned the basics from my nan but the rest i picked up from images and videos onlime. Google is my bff! Lol. I wasnt able to add photos today, school kept me busy, but i will try again tomorrow. I have some cute baby shower gifts to add as well. I go crazy for babies lol
kary29
by Group Admin on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I loved looking at all your pictures, you've made a lot of nice things!

That blanket that is in the magazine looks so hard to do but turned out so nice!

TippySpring
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I had some time today so I went and added new photos to my photobucket.. my photobucket name is tippyspring. its not letting my link in here atm... They are some of my newer items. Baby gifts and xmas gifts.. 

Kary29... That blanket was time consuming but not hard at all. It is a lot of different colored granny triangles sewn together, than you single crochet around the entire thing twice. It is a very nice blanket :) I enjoyed making it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)