Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Granny squares...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 276 Total Views
1 mom liked this
So for the longest time i have been trying to get some friends interested in crochet. I would really love to make a blanket using granny squares made by other people. Like a patch work blanket. Problem is that i have only gotten one friend interested. So i am hoping to make friends on here and maybe in time, each of them will be so kind as to donate one unique granny square to my blanket. I think it would be really neat to see this happen. Each person has diferent patterns and colors and brands of yarn. So it would be pretty cool to tell my future grand kids that i made a blanket with squares from all over the world!
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jean_marie1987
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I'd love to send you a square or two. Just give me the dimensions!
TippySpring
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Im thinking 4 inches by 4 inches. Thats typical right? And thank you! I think it would really be a work of art!
omgeeitsaubs
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM

id love to send you a square or two if you need. Let me know :-)

TippySpring
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Thanks! I hoped for a better turn out in this post LOL. 

omgeeitsaubs
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I think if you keep asking around you could get more people to. It will take time to get more people to do it but I think its a great idea :) How many squares did you want for me to do? Let me know :)

Quoting TippySpring:

Thanks! I hoped for a better turn out in this post LOL. 

Starshine-bela
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
that sounds fun! we should form a circle and send everyone in it a square :-)
MrsSexyCurtains
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Ohh that sounds fun :)

Op I might have some squares left over from a blanket. I'll have to double check.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

that sounds fun! we should form a circle and send everyone in it a square :-)

TippySpring
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM

\\That is actually a wonderful idea! I would love to send square1s out as well! Like a pay it forward blanket! Than we each can have a patchwork blankie from all over the world!!!

TippySpring
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Ok im thinking the best way to do this is anyone interested in giving/getting a square can private message me with thier address to mail it to, and than I will reply with my address as well :) once we all have enough squares to make our blankets we should post photos too! 

Mazilch
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Hi everyone, just as a heads up...Lee678 (Laura) started a squares swap awhile back and it soon became apparent that a number of those who were excited about swapping squares had to drop out, so there weren't going to be enough squares to do the intended blankets.  Laura has continued to post two squares each month that measure about 8" each, so that is another way to get your granny square blankets complete.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)