Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NICU Afghans fb donation link

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 147 Total Views

Thought I would share with others, Found a facebook group where someone takes the donations received and drops them off and the NICU. Perhaps someone from here or more than one has some blankets laying around they would like to send to someone to share some love. (its early to think about Christmas once again, however it will be coming around the bend before we know it!) 

not my group, just found it today and thougth I would share! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/303209316470887/ 

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kiweerose
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I did it with hats all last yr and they were appreciated. I know blankets are appreciated by some hospitals.

cowgirls10181
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:57 AM
I know many dont accept gifts of love from individuals. Our local hospital looked at me crazy when my daughters colored 200 Christmas trees to share with the individuals at the hospital back when their grandpa was in for Christmas. We were told they wouldnt be handed out but placed on a table in the waiting room. When we looked they were tossed in the trash not 20 minutes later on our way out the door. Its sad.

Quoting kiweerose:

I did it with hats all last yr and they were appreciated. I know blankets are appreciated by some hospitals.

kiweerose
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:02 AM

yes...one hospital i went to and asked if they accepted hats for the babies said no they do not. Then I went to another hospital and they appreciated the hats. I also donate to charity pickups and they take them.

yes that is sad that some hospitals do not accept.

Quoting cowgirls10181: I know many dont accept gifts of love from individuals. Our local hospital looked at me crazy when my daughters colored 200 Christmas trees to share with the individuals at the hospital back when their grandpa was in for Christmas. We were told they wouldnt be handed out but placed on a table in the waiting room. When we looked they were tossed in the trash not 20 minutes later on our way out the door. Its sad.

Quoting kiweerose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)