Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friday Fun! (7/25)

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 186 Total Views

How are you? 

Any plans today? 

Any weekend plans? 

Any plans to work on any projects? 

I hope you have a fantastic day!!!! 

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jtcwjotoole
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I am tired today thankful though that the worst of the morning sickness seems to have past. :)

I would love to sit here and crochet hats all day but sadly my only plans for today involve the washer and dryer and lots of clothes :P

We are headed out of state this weekend for a memorial for my husbands grandfather.

I plan to take as much yarn as I can fit on the front floor board of the van down with us and crochet hats that whole way down and back. Hopefully I will have several more hats to add to my growing donations pile for Christmas stockings.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Quoting harknessangels:

How are you?  I am doing much better today. Trying to convince myself not to overdo it. Hard to do when there is a lot that needs doing.

Any plans today? I am getting things done at home and then later we are going to a Youth event...we are packaging up meals for Haiti. 

Any weekend plans? Possibly helping at Farming for Hunger and putting up a tire fence at the horse rescue. Church on Sunday and then picking up our puppy. Yay!!! 

Any plans to work on any projects?  I would like to finish the 2 1/2 repeats on my shawl, but not sure I will have the time. 

I hope you have a fantastic day!!!! 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

So glad to hear the worst of the morning sickness has passed. How far along are you? (If you don't mind my asking.)  I can relate to hanging out with the washer and dryer all day. I am doing that myself. 

Sorry to hear about your dh's grandfather. Great idea to work on hats on the trip. Hats are great for Christmas stockings!  :)  

Quoting jtcwjotoole: I am tired today thankful though that the worst of the morning sickness seems to have past. :) I would love to sit here and crochet hats all day but sadly my only plans for today involve the washer and dryer and lots of clothes :P We are headed out of state this weekend for a memorial for my husbands grandfather. I plan to take as much yarn as I can fit on the front floor board of the van down with us and crochet hats that whole way down and back. Hopefully I will have several more hats to add to my growing donations pile for Christmas stockings. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

kiweerose
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM

doing good for now. I will be hot later. Temps will be hotter in the day.
had plans for errands...did that. Maybe mulch some plants  and some laundry.

weekend...errands, etc

have to work on gift pile of dishcloth.....it went down.

Have a good day too.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Ugh to hotter temps! Hope you stay cool and enjoy making the dishcloths!  

Quoting kiweerose:

doing good for now. I will be hot later. Temps will be hotter in the day.had plans for errands...did that. Maybe mulch some plants  and some laundry.

weekend...errands, etc

Have a good day too.

kiweerose
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:23 PM

yes for trying to keep cool and working on new pile.

Quoting harknessangels:

Ugh to hotter temps! Hope you stay cool and enjoy making the dishcloths!  

Quoting kiweerose:

doing good for now. I will be hot later. Temps will be hotter in the day.had plans for errands...did that. Maybe mulch some plants  and some laundry.

weekend...errands, etc

Have a good day too.

jtcwjotoole
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Thanks. Morning sickness has always been rough for me. This being my 5th pregnancy I'm glad its slowing down earlier than the other 4 :) I dont mind you asking anything about the prenancy. I love talking about it and sharing. We are 15 weeks today with twins that are due 1/13.

I did spend most of the day doing laundry but it was worth it. Had some a chance to spend that time with my sister while all our kids played. If you couldn't tell family is a very big deal to me. I enjoy celebrating even just a few minutes together. Having lost a sister last September to suicide I try to celebrate every moment and each small thing. Hope your Saturday is going well.

Quoting harknessangels:

So glad to hear the worst of the morning sickness has passed. How far along are you? (If you don't mind my asking.)  I can relate to hanging out with the washer and dryer all day. I am doing that myself. 

Sorry to hear about your dh's grandfather. Great idea to work on hats on the trip. Hats are great for Christmas stockings!  :)  

Quoting jtcwjotoole: I am tired today thankful though that the worst of the morning sickness seems to have past. :)

I would love to sit here and crochet hats all day but sadly my only plans for today involve the washer and dryer and lots of clothes :P

We are headed out of state this weekend for a memorial for my husbands grandfather.

I plan to take as much yarn as I can fit on the front floor board of the van down with us and crochet hats that whole way down and back. Hopefully I will have several more hats to add to my growing donations pile for Christmas stockings.

jtcwjotoole
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Sorry just realized I was rambling:) even on the net my mouth runs a mile a minute :D

Quoting jtcwjotoole: Thanks. Morning sickness has always been rough for me. This being my 5th pregnancy I'm glad its slowing down earlier than the other 4 :) I dont mind you asking anything about the prenancy. I love talking about it and sharing. We are 15 weeks today with twins that are due 1/13.

I did spend most of the day doing laundry but it was worth it. Had some a chance to spend that time with my sister while all our kids played. If you couldn't tell family is a very big deal to me. I enjoy celebrating even just a few minutes together. Having lost a sister last September to suicide I try to celebrate every moment and each small thing. Hope your Saturday is going well.

Quoting harknessangels:

Quoting jtcwjotoole: I am tired today thankful though that the worst of the morning sickness seems to have past. :)

fiddlerbird555
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Back from vacation. Williamsburg was quite different from what I remembered, and the day we finally managed to make it to the blacksmith shop (everyone wanted to see it) it was closed. There was a lot more black history there (GOOD!) but it seems a lot less "craft" (BAD). "Everything is imported from England, you know."  DD2 learned to decorate a straw hat with ribbons. We went to what looked like it ought to be a hippy-dippy restaurant (best veggie place in town) and found a lot of tea-party/libertarian pariphenalia for sale. Food was excellent, though.

Trip back was LONG. DH had the choice of booking a 15 minute layover, vs a 3-hour layover. The long wait was a good plan, but the 2nd plane was even later.  

Packed a project. kept spilling on my fiber. Packed a backup project. Couldn't find the hook.  Stopped at craft store on the way out of town for a hook. Then couldn't find the thread until the last airport layover.  (Well along with it when I found the mobius strip was overtwisted, and had to pull back to row 1).

In other words, travel/travail connection was made several times. 

kiweerose
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM

glad you still enjoyed the trip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)