Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WiP Wednesday! {7/30}

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:09 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 179 Total Views

I love hearing about what you are working on!  Let's chat about our work!!  

What is on your hooks and/or needles this week? 

Anything new? 

Anything completed? 

Are you going to be making gifts for birthdays or holidays? 

Are you reading and/or watching anything interesting? 

I hope you are having a wonderful day!  Happy Creating!  :)

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Quoting harknessangels:

What is on your hooks and/or needles this week? I have the granny square baby blanket on my hook and the Bulky V-stitch afghan I need to get back to. The KAL is the only thing on my needles right now. I am waiting for this yarn to arrive to make this cowl

Anything new? Nothing new yet!  ;)

Anything completed? I made a knit hat for my dd. I do not like the way it turned out. Another one will be cast on soon. 

Are you going to be making gifts for birthdays or holidays? Can you believe it is less than 5 months to Christmas. I have a blanket to crochet, some fingerless gloves, cowls and stuffed animals to make. I better get going on that list!  

Are you reading and/or watching anything interesting? I have been watching Lark Rise to Candleford lately and Britain's Empty Homes. I just finished the latest book of the Seaside Knitter's Mystery series by Sally Goldenbaum. I hope the next one comes out soon!  :)

fiddlerbird555
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Bruges lace cotton mobius scarf. Started, half-done. (I finally verified that I got the half-twist right. That was pretty hard to see, and I had to undo half a very long round once.)

Nothing done. I think I need to reprint the filet pattern again (keep losing).

I don't do gifts/deadlnes, though my mother (who has also said "how many scarves does one person need?) has hinted for 'something'.

I'm reading some military SF right now. Space navy, tactics, heroine who is SO wish-fullfilment it's embarassing.

kiweerose
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM

saw the movie 47 Ronin , 3 Days to Kill, Seraphim Falls borrowed from library.

yes still making gifts. I am slow .

Finished Duchess lace hats....they are new for me.

on my needles are different dishcloths.

you too for creative happy day.

kiweerose
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

nice cowl and yarn too for your next project.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM

So glad that you have the half-twist right. Ugh to having to undo half a very long round. My Mom used to hint she wanted something too.  

Quoting fiddlerbird555:

Bruges lace cotton mobius scarf. Started, half-done. (I finally verified that I got the half-twist right. That was pretty hard to see, and I had to undo half a very long round once.)

Nothing done. I think I need to reprint the filet pattern again (keep losing).

I don't do gifts/deadlnes, though my mother (who has also said "how many scarves does one person need?) has hinted for 'something'.

I'm reading some military SF right now. Space navy, tactics, heroine who is SO wish-fullfilment it's embarassing.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Thanks for the movie titles. Added two to my Netflix queue. I can't wait to see the new hats. Yay for dishcloths, my favorite gift to give. :)

Quoting kiweerose:

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Thanks! 

Quoting kiweerose:

nice cowl and yarn too for your next project.

kiweerose
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:43 PM

we enjoyed Ronin that we saw it twice. 3 days to Kill was pretty good too.

thanks ...pictures of  hats are in the show & tell.

Quoting harknessangels:

Thanks for the movie titles. Added two to my Netflix queue. I can't wait to see the new hats. Yay for dishcloths, my favorite gift to give. :)

Quoting kiweerose:

pke
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Quoting harknessangels:

I love hearing about what you are working on!  Let's chat about our work!!  

What is on your hooks and/or needles this week? Nothing!  Finished my shawl - even have the ends woven in- will block tomorrow.  Also 'finished' a scard but still need to weave in ends.  May save that to do at the library on Saturday.  Still have to finish the surface crochet on my maze afghan but I don't have the yarn yet.  I may go shopping for it nexxt week.

Anything new? Did a swatch in 'Pineapple Stitch' (puff stitch) from The Crochet Stitch Bible. May use it for a acarf.  Going to make a lace cowl or lace scarf for my brother's girlfriend - haven't decided on the pattern yet.  Thinking about an afghan for my sister (new house) but need to talk to her to see what she wants.

Anything completed? Shawl & scarf

Are you going to be making gifts for birthdays or holidays? Scarf/cowl and afghan are gifts but no occasion. 

Are you reading and/or watching anything interesting? My favorite authors are on hiatus until fall so I've been 'auditioning' some new ones.  Was not having much luck.  A couple fron the World Noir imprint were OK.  But now I've found a new British police procedural series by Mari Hannah.  I'm reading the first of three books.  It's no Prime Suspect, but has a lot of promise.

Hope you had a great day and had a chance to do lots of crafting!

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:55 PM

WTG with the great finishes! Hope to see pictures!  Hope the book is a good read!  

Quoting pke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)