Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

September Roll Call

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM
  • 29 Replies
  • 317 Total Views

ROLL CALL TIME! 

Give us your name, general location, all about your family and your interests!  

What do you like about Fall? 

Any special dates this month? 

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Angie in Maryland. I have been married 18 years next weekend to my best friend. I have 4 children....2 grown (a ds 27 and a dd 25) both of them have dd's of their own. I love being a Gram.  :)  My ds and his gf are having another child in February....can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl.  I have boy/girl twins that are 12 1/2 whom I homeschool. I am a tutor for 6 & 7 year olds at our homeschool tutorial, Classical Conversations. 

We are a very outdoorsy family. We love to camp, hike, canoe, kayak, bike, and swim. Looking forward to doing more of these activities this Fall. I love to crochet, knit, read, and watch movies & British shows. 

I love being able to sit outside in the crisp cool evenings around our firepit wearing some wonderful handmade scarves, hats, shawls, blankets...etc. I love the many colors of Fall. They are my colors and they inspire me in my projects!  

Special Dates: My brother's birthday is the 3rd, my anniversary is the 7th, my granddaughter's 3rd birthday and my niece's birthday is the 8th, my FIL's birthday is the 9th and I am looking forward to the Ladies Retreat the 19th to the 21st. We are going to the beach!!! Yay!!! 

fiddlerbird555
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Robin, in Colorado. Got a day-job and a house-husband, married 18 years, 2 girls. Interests, music & SF, for the most part but this is a great area for going out & seeing wildlife.

Maybe we can get in some skiing this fall. The way the weather has been, the season may open early. (Very wet in the plains; ought to be snow in the mountains soon). But this month is oldest DD's 16th birthday.

bookworm5179
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Violet from Arkansas. My husband and I have been married 4 years this month, and we have one ds who loves to learn anything new around him.

Both of us are machinists and love new projects though of different things, and syfy/action movies. DH loves messing with computers, helicopters, firefighting, and many misc. hobbies. While I stick with books, wood crafts, and yarn. (Trying to branch into thread) Our son at the moment is into any hobby DH happens to be messing with.

Everything. :) The muscadines and pears coming into season. The majestic colors as they change on the mountain. The perfect weather temps, and the smell of the breeze. And so much more.

Special dates: 23rd is our anv.
28th is my mother's b-day
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Hi Violet! Happy Early Anniversary!  My DH loves to mess with computers too!  What are you thinking about doing with thread? What do you make with wood? 

Quoting bookworm5179: Violet from Arkansas. My husband and I have been married 4 years this month, and we have one ds who loves to learn anything new around him. Both of us are machinists and love new projects though of different things, and syfy/action movies. DH loves messing with computers, helicopters, firefighting, and many misc. hobbies. While I stick with books, wood crafts, and yarn. (Trying to branch into thread) Our son at the moment is into any hobby DH happens to be messing with. Everything. :) The muscadines and pears coming into season. The majestic colors as they change on the mountain. The perfect weather temps, and the smell of the breeze. And so much more. Special dates: 23rd is our anv. 28th is my mother's b-day

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Hi Robin! Wow, your oldest is going to be 16! Happy Birthday to her!  Hope you can do some skiing this fall!  

Quoting fiddlerbird555:

Robin, in Colorado. Got a day-job and a house-husband, married 18 years, 2 girls. Interests, music & SF, for the most part but this is a great area for going out & seeing wildlife.

Maybe we can get in some skiing this fall. The way the weather has been, the season may open early. (Very wet in the plains; ought to be snow in the mountains soon). But this month is oldest DD's 16th birthday.

bookworm5179
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Thank you!
I'd love to get into crocheting dolies and little embellishments. It just looks so intimidating after working with yarn.
Mainly little things like toys for kids; cars, trains, sometimes simple cutouts they can hang. Did a bench and rocking horse for christmas last year, and working on DS' s bed right now. Really don't have much time to mess with it anymore.

Quoting harknessangels:

Hi Violet! Happy Early Anniversary!  My DH loves to mess with computers too!  What are you thinking about doing with thread? What do you make with wood? 

Quoting bookworm5179: Violet from Arkansas. My husband and I have been married 4 years this month, and we have one ds who loves to learn anything new around him.

Both of us are machinists and love new projects though of different things, and syfy/action movies. DH loves messing with computers, helicopters, firefighting, and many misc. hobbies. While I stick with books, wood crafts, and yarn. (Trying to branch into thread) Our son at the moment is into any hobby DH happens to be messing with.

Everything. :) The muscadines and pears coming into season. The majestic colors as they change on the mountain. The perfect weather temps, and the smell of the breeze. And so much more.

Special dates: 23rd is our anv.
28th is my mother's b-day

kiweerose
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:24 PM

kiweerose...sf bay area with swh and son

i like the late Fall when it is cooler....early fall is still hot.

enjoy road trips with relatives who visit every August .

I enjoy crochet and knitting. Just realized that i crochet and knitted a lot at baseball games, waiting for transit trains, in bank lines, at Home Depot, on road trips, in Disneyland lines, etc  for this yr.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Doilies are so nice. My Mom used to make them and a wonderful lady here, Martha, makes them as well. Love the idea of making toys for kids. I would love to see your rocking horse. I am sure it is fabulous!  

Quoting bookworm5179: Thank you! I'd love to get into crocheting dolies and little embellishments. It just looks so intimidating after working with yarn. Mainly little things like toys for kids; cars, trains, sometimes simple cutouts they can hang. Did a bench and rocking horse for christmas last year, and working on DS' s bed right now. Really don't have much time to mess with it anymore.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Sep. 1, 2014 at 4:41 PM

I love that you take your projects with you and work on them in public! I am sure it makes for great conversations and may bring the art back into the minds of others. 

Quoting kiweerose:

kiweerose...sf bay area with swh and son

i like the late Fall when it is cooler....early fall is still hot.

enjoy road trips with relatives who visit every August .

I enjoy crochet and knitting. Just realized that i crochet and knitted a lot at baseball games, waiting for transit trains, in bank lines, at Home Depot, on road trips, in Disneyland lines, etc  for this yr.

bookworm5179
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

It was a really simple one, but it was such a cute design. Happened to come across one like it in an antique mall, and copied the idea.

I think this is only pic I have

Quoting harknessangels:

Doilies are so nice. My Mom used to make them and a wonderful lady here, Martha, makes them as well. Love the idea of making toys for kids. I would love to see your rocking horse. I am sure it is fabulous!  

Quoting bookworm5179: Thank you!
I'd love to get into crocheting dolies and little embellishments. It just looks so intimidating after working with yarn.
Mainly little things like toys for kids; cars, trains, sometimes simple cutouts they can hang. Did a bench and rocking horse for christmas last year, and working on DS' s bed right now. Really don't have much time to mess with it anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN