Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weekend Wonderings!!!

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM
  • 29 Replies
  • 332 Total Views

Share what is happening this weekend!!  :)

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I am up and moving so much better today. The soreness is gone!  Woohoo!  Still have some more healing to do, but I am so glad to be able to move around a bit more. 

I have watched more TV this week than I have all year. Oh my....so many new shows. I don't know if I will be able to keep up with them now that I have started.

I also read two books!  I should have worked on one of my Craftsy classes. Hmm, have to do that soon.  

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM

I have worked on a few of my projects.  I finished a hat....pictures later because it is the KAL. I worked on my dd's blanket....almost 3/4 of the way there. I worked on a knit cowl for my friend's birthday. Nine rows to go and the bind off. I did a bit of work on the edging of my Menehune Shawl. I will hopefully finish that soon. 

Today, I am going to start the CAL. I just checked my stash and I have two skeins of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in the Gosling color. Hopefully that is all I will need. 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I think my DH might let me out of the house today. LOL!  We have a retirement party to go to this afternoon.  Yay!  

kiweerose
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM

hoping to sew the knit square strips together. 

swh and i saw a confusing dvd that i borrowed. Not going to resee that one.

kiweerose
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM

went to Joanns and bought a foam head for the hats i make . ....and some craft pins for my next tree.

oh...must do some sewing my afghan up

Mazilch
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hectic weekend so far...

Last night there was water in my mom's basement so my db & dh had to get a sump pump working, then we found out her furnace isn't working, so db called furnace man...he won't have the necessary part until Monday.  I took an electric heater to her this morning and this afternoon dh and I took our kerosene heater over so she will have heat until her furnace is fixed, which also means I need to go to her house a couple of times a day to check on her and to make sure there's fuel in the heater.

I took my sick Kitty to the vet, she is congested and I found out she has fleas which we haven't had a problem with fleas in years.  So we have to try to de-flea our house...fortunately dgd is with her mom this weekend.

Needless to say, I'm waiting for the next problem to reveal itself

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Yikes to the confusing DVD!  Yay for sewing the square strips together!  

Quoting kiweerose:

hoping to sew the knit square strips together. 

swh and i saw a confusing dvd that i borrowed. Not going to resee that one.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

(((Martha))) I am so sorry all of this is going on at one time. It always seems to come in a row like that. Hope your Mom stays warm, your kitty feels much better and you can take care of the flea situation quickly. I hope you can find some time to take care of you during all of this as well. 

Quoting Mazilch:

Hectic weekend so far...

Last night there was water in my mom's basement so my db & dh had to get a sump pump working, then we found out her furnace isn't working, so db called furnace man...he won't have the necessary part until Monday.  I took an electric heater to her this morning and this afternoon dh and I took our kerosene heater over so she will have heat until her furnace is fixed, which also means I need to go to her house a couple of times a day to check on her and to make sure there's fuel in the heater.

I took my sick Kitty to the vet, she is congested and I found out she has fleas which we haven't had a problem with fleas in years.  So we have to try to de-flea our house...fortunately dgd is with her mom this weekend.

Needless to say, I'm waiting for the next problem to reveal itself

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM

We didn't make it to the retirement party. DH took me out for appetizers & a salad this afternoon while the kiddos were playing at their friend's house. I am tired from our excursion, but so glad I was able to get out for a little while. It is time to grab a bowl of beef barley soup, the CAL and head to the family room!   :)

kiweerose
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM

it is a good thing that i borrow the dvds . They are new ones but some are awful.

reading a Debbie Macomber holiday book about Shirley , Goodness, and Mercy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)