Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monday's Memo! (11/24)

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:13 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 145 Total Views

How was your weekend? How is the weather? 

What are you looking forward to this week? 

Are you hosting Thanksgiving? Traveling? 

Working on any gifts for the holidays? 

I hope you are having a marvelous day!!! 

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:29 AM

My weekend was very quiet and relaxing!  I finished the first season of Northern Exposure and Death Comes to Pemberley. I even watched an episode of Downton Abbey while cooking yesterday.

I finished this shawl for a gift. I frogged my granddaughter's hat though.  :(  If I don't get it done before Christmas, I will have it done for her birthday in January. 

The weather is beautiful today.  Sunny and very warm for this time of the year. Of course that is all going to change on Wednesday. 

I am so glad my BIL and his family are now able to come to Thanksgiving. So, I am looking forward to seeing them and that DH has a long weekend. I am preparing some of the meal to help my MIL this year....mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, fresh green beans and DH is making the rolls. We live within 15 minutes of each other...no traveling for us.  :)

kiweerose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Weekend was nice . A break from the Wed to Fri rains. Today is another nice break with clear skies....temps for all of us is in the mid to hi 60s. Cool.

looking forward to seeing our families around the SF Bay Area. Going to family for the dinners and restaurant.

Yep still at the working on the gifts. 

You too for a great day.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Oh my goodness, I have ordered way too much yarn in the last week!  I told myself I would not order yarn from the big Knit Picks sale and what did I just do....ordered yarn!  I am on yarn buying restriction except for gifts until at least March!  UGH!  I have used up my allowance for yarny things for the next two months! Oh well, I will be busy all of next year trying to pare down the stash!   

kiweerose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM

oboy on all those yarns. Must be nice and pretty though.

doing laundry before the next rains this coming weekend. I have big brown mushrooms growing in my sidewalk garden. I will leave them alone.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I did get a few skeins of self striping yarn. I have signed up for a sock knitting class on Craftsy and I would like to make a stripe shawl. 

I missed a great opportunity today to get DD's down comforter outside. It should be nice enough to put it out tomorrow. We are supposed to get snow showers on Wednesday. 

kary29
by Group Admin on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Weekend was fine.  The rain stopped, cold and windy now.

Looking forward to getting a lot done this week now that I feel better.

I am cooking Thursday for my small little group.

We live in the St Louis area and are waiting for the verdict in a little while tonight.  Hoping for peaceful demonstrations!

kiweerose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

yes...hope the ones who love to cause trouble will not do that . I know people love to riot , vandalize everything...that is just an excuse. People can protest quietly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)