Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're going North!!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:36 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 127 Total Views

My husband and I just came to Canada this past summer. He immigrated and i am a Canadian citizen. We have two children and were having a rough time finding decent work here. I am a teacher so I started applying to everything (Finding a teaching job mid year is SO hard). I got a few calls from all over Canada and was finally offered a position teaching Inuit children in Northern Quebec. It is a whirlwind. I accepted the position and flights have been booked. It is going to be a real adventure....

Any good crocheting patterns that I can take with me to kill time? Of course I am taking my yarn stash...

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Congratulations! What an exciting endeavor!  Yay for a yarn stash to take! Here's a few patterns!  

Lattice Hat

Crochet Cable Hat

Crochet Mittens

Madison Day Crochet Scarf 

I can't wait to hear how things are going!  When will you be starting your new teaching position? 

Ayasmama
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM

i like that first hat, im going to do it!

we are flying out jan 3....nervous and excited

Quoting harknessangels:

Congratulations! What an exciting endeavor!  Yay for a yarn stash to take! Here's a few patterns!  

Lattice Hat

Crochet Cable Hat

Crochet Mittens

Madison Day Crochet Scarf 

I can't wait to hear how things are going!  When will you be starting your new teaching position? 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM

So glad you like that hat!  I do too!  That is a very exciting way to start the new year!!! 

Quoting Ayasmama:

i like that first hat, im going to do it!

we are flying out jan 3....nervous and excited

kiweerose
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Best wishes on this new event. Glad you got good ideas for using your yarn stash..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)