Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first official project

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 192 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

That's my headband.. that i made myself lol i didn't use any instructions (lol next time, i def will).. and it's a little looser than I'd like but it works perfectly, and honestly, as a first time attempt, i think i did pretty darn good. Lol

I can now officially do a single, half double and double!

I had to stop for almost 2 weeks bc i got really sick and just getting outta bed drained me from my energy. But I'm back to it. :)
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kiweerose
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:30 PM

glad you are well.

yes a good headband for first time. Nice on color.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Hi and Welcome! So glad you are here and feeling better! Your headband looks fantastic!  You did a great job!  Looking forward to seeing what you make next!  :)

Jezzeria
by on May. 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM

I think it looks very nice!!  And congrats on your stitches!!  :) 

Shy_Dia
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 4:07 PM
Thank you ladies so very much! :)
tramcd
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Looks great, and love the color!
nilyt7
by on Jun. 11, 2015 at 10:04 PM
Very good! I remember trying to do blanket for my first project. Lol
Shy_Dia
by Member on Jun. 11, 2015 at 10:10 PM
Lol yea... I'm working on that. Started in April, i believe, when i learned how to do the single crochet... so it's all single crochet, which is taking forever... and then these little less time consuming projects pop up and the scarf/wrap/blanket gets pushed to the back. Lol i keep meaning to get back into it- i take it to the pool, keep it in the car, just in case... but i never seem to make time for it.

Quoting nilyt7: Very good! I remember trying to do blanket for my first project. Lol
nilyt7
by on Jun. 11, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Ya I always do my baby blankets in double crochet, much quicker. I have been working on a big blanket for my husband for couple years no, I take to many breaks. Lol

Quoting Shy_Dia: Lol yea... I'm working on that. Started in April, i believe, when i learned how to do the single crochet... so it's all single crochet, which is taking forever... and then these little less time consuming projects pop up and the scarf/wrap/blanket gets pushed to the back. Lol i keep meaning to get back into it- i take it to the pool, keep it in the car, just in case... but i never seem to make time for it.

Quoting nilyt7: Very good! I remember trying to do blanket for my first project. Lol
Shy_Dia
by Member on Jun. 11, 2015 at 10:15 PM
Lol yep. This blanket is 7 feet by.... however long i want to make it lol i was hoping 7x7.. but idk. Apparently i go big when I'm first starting out. Lol i wish i would've waited until i learned all of them so i could've used the double... or even half double. But no, i complicate it and do singles lol

Quoting nilyt7: Ya I always do my baby blankets in double crochet, much quicker. I have been working on a big blanket for my husband for couple years no, I take to many breaks. Lol

Quoting Shy_Dia: Lol yea... I'm working on that. Started in April, i believe, when i learned how to do the single crochet... so it's all single crochet, which is taking forever... and then these little less time consuming projects pop up and the scarf/wrap/blanket gets pushed to the back. Lol i keep meaning to get back into it- i take it to the pool, keep it in the car, just in case... but i never seem to make time for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)