Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuesday's Tales.....

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:24 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

How are you today? Anything you must tackle? 

Tell us about something you have or would like to try (sport, craft, decorating, taking a class..etc.)

I hope you are having a terrific day!  

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Good Morning! It is a bit dreary here! We had thunderstorms last night.....not sure if more rain is on the way. I am picking up my granddaughter this afternoon and taking her to her great grandmother. I love riding in the truck with her....she say the silliest things and loves to sing.  

I would love to try sewing!  I would like to make pillow covers, curtains and a quilt. I also would love to learn how to knit socks. I am loving my crochet ones, but would love to know how to knit them as well. Spindle spinning has been interesting me lately too!  So much to learn!  :)

kary29
by Group Admin on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

The sun is finally out today!

I would like to do more sewing too.  Curtains and pillow covers is about all I used to make, and years ago a very few pieces of clothing.  

I would also like to walk and ride my bicycle longer distances on a regular basis.

kiweerose
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

doing good...tackling the mitten for left hand.

In Oct i did try a knit a thon at a local library, The main library does have that in Oct but only held it at that place. That Oct i wanted to see what it was about and meet other knitters, crocheters. There is quite a group that attended. They brought their sweaters, blankets, crochet necklaces for their FOs to show. I learned how to do the necklaces with a certain yarn. I had seen the yarn at Michaels but i did not know what it was for, etc., so it was interesting.

have a good day ladies.

kiweerose
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:44 AM

hmm...found a pattern for tube socks in knit. It looks doable. Thinking if i should or not. Will see how i feel about this later.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:45 PM

All great things to do!  yay for the sun shining!  

Quoting kary29:

The sun is finally out today!

I would like to do more sewing too.  Curtains and pillow covers is about all I used to make, and years ago a very few pieces of clothing.  

I would also like to walk and ride my bicycle longer distances on a regular basis.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Love the idea of a knit-a-thon!  

Quoting kiweerose:

doing good...tackling the mitten for left hand.

In Oct i did try a knit a thon at a local library, The main library does have that in Oct but only held it at that place. That Oct i wanted to see what it was about and meet other knitters, crocheters. There is quite a group that attended. They brought their sweaters, blankets, crochet necklaces for their FOs to show. I learned how to do the necklaces with a certain yarn. I had seen the yarn at Michaels but i did not know what it was for, etc., so it was interesting.

have a good day ladies.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Tube socks do look much more doable!  Let me know if you give them a try. 

Quoting kiweerose:

hmm...found a pattern for tube socks in knit. It looks doable. Thinking if i should or not. Will see how i feel about this later.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I just took out almost 4" of crochet on my sock...it was too tight. I ripped it back and am now trying again with a hook one size up. 

Jezzeria
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Good.  Hubby left to go out of town for 5 days for his brothers wedding so it is just my daughter and I.  I plan to tackle a lot of relaxing and cuddles and crochet! haha. 

Hmmm I can't think of anything offhand that I would like to try.  I will come back to this

Jezzeria
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I would love to make a quilt!!  Also one of those tie blankets.  They look really easy I just haven't ever done it yet :) 

Quoting harknessangels:

Good Morning! It is a bit dreary here! We had thunderstorms last night.....not sure if more rain is on the way. I am picking up my granddaughter this afternoon and taking her to her great grandmother. I love riding in the truck with her....she say the silliest things and loves to sing.  

I would love to try sewing!  I would like to make pillow covers, curtains and a quilt. I also would love to learn how to knit socks. I am loving my crochet ones, but would love to know how to knit them as well. Spindle spinning has been interesting me lately too!  So much to learn!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)