Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monday Mania............

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:22 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

How are you doing today? How was your weekend? 

Working on any gifts? Any plans this week? 

Anything you are looking forward to? 

I hope you are having a marvelous day!!! 

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Good Morning! I am taking a few minutes to have a cup of coffee and chat here!  Today is going to be a little busy...there are household things to do, grocery shopping & going to get chicken supplies, reading, podcast watching, laundry folding....etc., etc., etc.  LOL!  

I am hoping for just a bit of time working on some projects. 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I need to work on a gift....a hat for a little girl I used to tutor a couple of years ago. I need to get that on the hook and off the hook this week!  

There is a MNO (Mom's Night Out) this week and I am hoping to have lunch with a friend. 

kiweerose
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM

i have a gift bag filling up with gifts of a blanket, dishcloths, and socks . I have to make a few more dishcloths.

Yes been busy with the projects for gifts. 

going to do some errands now.

Walker101
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 12:39 PM

I am doing good. I'm about all caught up for the moment on my CM groups. woohooo. I'm just loving the world today. Weekend sucked. All my plans went out the window when I locked my keys in the car and no one could break into it. After 2 days of various people trying my dad finally called a locksmith. $35 and about an hour later he got the keys out of the ignition. Turned the explorer on...it was deader than a doornail. Dad gave it a jump and we are up and running.

I'm not working on anything special. All I plan to do is work on cleaning the house well before Friday night. Then Friday evening we start the Halloween holiday starting with Safe Treats trick or treating down our local Main Street and ending with regular ol trick or treating Saturday. Sunday we relax.

I'm looking forward to dressing up. I'm going to be a devil. I have a plastic pitchfork. I'm considering crocheting around it to keep it warmer to carry lol.

fiddlerbird555
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:25 PM

Fun weekend. SF convention. I got a couple books. One daughter went wild buying books. DH bought me a "fairy garden" by mistake at the art auction. ("Well, I thought it was a shame to let it go for so little, but the fellow didn't outbid me. We have no room for it in the house. You have an office you can keep it in.")

That old entrelac test piece may become a cat-hat for my friend in chemo. Otherwise, I try not to do deadline gifts. I woke up with an idea how I might be able to do a crochet/knit fake feather.

Halloween is comming. I'm probably coming to work as an "evil genius with an android minion."

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:32 PM

I love that you have a gift bag! I love making dishcloths!  Hope your errands went well. 

Quoting kiweerose:

i have a gift bag filling up with gifts of a blanket, dishcloths, and socks . I have to make a few more dishcloths.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

So glad you are back on the road!  Great idea to crochet around the pitchfork!  Gotta love the many ways we think of using yarn!  :)

Quoting Walker101:

I am doing good. I'm about all caught up for the moment on my CM groups. woohooo. I'm just loving the world today. Weekend sucked. All my plans went out the window when I locked my keys in the car and no one could break into it. After 2 days of various people trying my dad finally called a locksmith. $35 and about an hour later he got the keys out of the ignition. Turned the explorer on...it was deader than a doornail. Dad gave it a jump and we are up and running.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM

So glad you had a fun weekend at the SF convention!  Love the crochet/knit feather idea and your costume! I would love to have a minion!   

Quoting fiddlerbird555:

Fun weekend. SF convention. I got a couple books. One daughter went wild buying books. DH bought me a "fairy garden" by mistake at the art auction. ("Well, I thought it was a shame to let it go for so little, but the fellow didn't outbid me. We have no room for it in the house. You have an office you can keep it in.")

Jezzeria
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Mania indeed.  I'm still feeling really stressed.  But I have realized it is not about the new car like I originally thought but my job.  They are letting 3 people go because of budget issues, but just hired 2 more as well (i guess at lower rates).  But it is making me really nervous.  I have been assured by multiple people I have nothing to worry about but...that's just not my nature. lol.  My husband wants me to apply at a different company, and I have heard great things about them but at the same time I love the job I am at even despite the financial issues so I am not sure what to do.  

I am still working on the baby blanket, almost 1/3 of the way done now.  Then on to start booties and hats and things :). 

No plans this week but helping at the haunted house.  They've already gotten 2-4 full barrells of food donated in just the one weekend so hopefully next weekend we'll do just as much if not more!  

I am looking forward to November 9. lol.  Because than halloween will be over, dd's birthday will be over (lots of family comes to visit and stays at our house that weekend) and then I will just have to relax and worry about the holidays only.  

kiweerose
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

it is just a bag that i am putting all these projects in and they are all gifts. 

errands went fine and i planted a few cuttings.

I was looking at  Ravelry for another easy dishcloth pattern and finally found one that i liked. I tried several this morning and none seemed good until one popped at me.

Quoting harknessangels:

I love that you have a gift bag! I love making dishcloths!  Hope your errands went well. 

Quoting kiweerose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)