• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuesday's Tales & Tasks.....

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

How are you today? Any plans? 

Anything you must tackle today? 

I hope you are having a terrific day!!! 

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kary29
by Group Admin on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning!

I'm thinking about going to Penney's today to use my $10 off coupon.  It's sunny and warm so that's no excuse,  I don't like to clothes shop very much but could use a new top or blouse. Thinking to reward myself after with a trip to Jo-Ann's, it's close to Penney's.  :)

I need to weave the ends in on the baby blanket and start something else.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Hello!!  My day is going well so far. I am getting ready to head out to take the kiddos to their Biology class. DH is going to run to Home Depot to get our new sliding glass door and then he is going to be tilling the garden. I will be planting potatoes this week!  Yay!  

Nothing big to tackle today. I would like to take a walk when I get back. I am going to try my best to walk at least a mile a few days a week.  I did spend the morning finishing the toes on my socks and weaving in the ends on the shawl.  I love the feeling of finished projects!!!  

Hope you are having a great day!  

jtcwjotoole
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:10 PM
Doing OK today. Not much on my to do list just some light cleaning and dishes. I need to get on a roll and find a pattern for a little boy. My friends are expecting their 4th little bundle in June. They are waiting to find out and while I have the cutest softest cocoon all done up for a little girl I am completely stumped what to make if they have a boy. Nothing is jumping out and calling my name on Pinterest or raverly.
kary29
by Group Admin on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM

It's harder to find cute things for boys.  I like the bear cocoons, there's a football one I like too.  

My grandbaby's photo shoot was in a little newsboy type hat, it was so cute.  A fedora and necktie is cute too.  Cowboy hat?   Good luck searching.

Quoting jtcwjotoole: Doing OK today. Not much on my to do list just some light cleaning and dishes. I need to get on a roll and find a pattern for a little boy. My friends are expecting their 4th little bundle in June. They are waiting to find out and while I have the cutest softest cocoon all done up for a little girl I am completely stumped what to make if they have a boy. Nothing is jumping out and calling my name on Pinterest or raverly.

kary29
by Group Admin on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Sounds like a good day.  Good for you getting the garden going,  finishing the toes and weaving in the ends.  (I dread and put off weaving in ends)

Quoting harknessangels:

Hello!!  My day is going well so far. I am getting ready to head out to take the kiddos to their Biology class. DH is going to run to Home Depot to get our new sliding glass door and then he is going to be tilling the garden. I will be planting potatoes this week!  Yay!  

Nothing big to tackle today. I would like to take a walk when I get back. I am going to try my best to walk at least a mile a few days a week.  I did spend the morning finishing the toes on my socks and weaving in the ends on the shawl.  I love the feeling of finished projects!!!  

Hope you are having a great day!  

kiweerose
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:34 PM

a windy day...think i will not go outside too much.

no plans except  for Ncis, Agents of Shield, Prophet and God and crocheting. Ooops ..i have not been knitting. May go try a pattern tonight.

have a great day too.

kiweerose
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:36 PM

the last time i went with swh to Penneys was in Nov and we bought kitchen curtains. I do not buy too much tops...they are to skin tight and they are short. Every time i reach up the tops go up..i hate that. 

Oh have fun at Joanns.

Quoting kary29:

Good morning!

I'm thinking about going to Penney's today to use my $10 off coupon.  It's sunny and warm so that's no excuse,  I don't like to clothes shop very much but could use a new top or blouse. Thinking to reward myself after with a trip to Jo-Ann's, it's close to Penney's.  :)

I need to weave the ends in on the baby blanket and start something else.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Glad you are doing okay today and there isn't too much on your to do list. I always have to search harder to make something for little boys. What about a cocoon done in boy colors? There is a cute pattern for cowboy boot looking booties. I hope you have found something great to make!  

Quoting jtcwjotoole: Doing OK today. Not much on my to do list just some light cleaning and dishes. I need to get on a roll and find a pattern for a little boy. My friends are expecting their 4th little bundle in June. They are waiting to find out and while I have the cutest softest cocoon all done up for a little girl I am completely stumped what to make if they have a boy. Nothing is jumping out and calling my name on Pinterest or raverly.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:45 PM

I dread weaving in ends too!  I needed to get pictures done of the shawl to put on Ravelry.  

Hope you had a great time at Penney's and Joann's!  Please share what you picked up!!  :)

Quoting kary29:

Sounds like a good day.  Good for you getting the garden going,  finishing the toes and weaving in the ends.  (I dread and put off weaving in ends)

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Yikes to a windy day! Yay for great shows and crocheting & knitting!  

Quoting kiweerose:

a windy day...think i will not go outside too much.

no plans except  for Ncis, Agents of Shield, Prophet and God and crocheting. Ooops ..i have not been knitting. May go try a pattern tonight.

have a great day too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)