• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fantastic Friday...............

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:20 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

Happy Friday!! How are you today? 

Any plans? Any weekend plans? 

Any plans to work on any projects? 

I hope you are having a fabulous day!!!! 

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiweerose
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:06 AM

went to the library Thur and found a movie on the shelf that i did not expect to see yet. I brought it to be checked out and was expecting the clerk to tell me that it is on hold. This happened many times to me. She told me it was clear. I was amazed and had to ask twice to be sure.

no plans.

i am doing a linen stitch in 2 colors but find it making the hat thicker. I must remember to try it on sock yarn next. I went back to stockingnett stitch .

have a good one too.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM

Yay for finding a movie and it wasn't on hold!  Which one is it? 

I love trying new things in knitting/crocheting! I think the linen stitch is a very pretty stitch!  

Quoting kiweerose:

went to the library Thur and found a movie on the shelf that i did not expect to see yet. I brought it to be checked out and was expecting the clerk to tell me that it is on hold. This happened many times to me. She told me it was clear. I was amazed and had to ask twice to be sure.

no plans.

i am doing a linen stitch in 2 colors but find it making the hat thicker. I must remember to try it on sock yarn next. I went back to stockingnett stitch .

have a good one too.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM

I am doing okay today. I am meeting a friend for coffee after school (she is a teacher) and then taking my kiddos to Youth Group. While they are there, we will do some setting up for the fundraiser tomorrow. The kids are raising money for their Sea Base trip next summer. 

We have quite the busy weekend.....the fundraiser, church on Sunday, DD has practice and then AHG. Crazy busy!  I really do look forward to Mondays when the weekend has been busy!  

I am hoping to work on a few projects in between everything. I also have the opportunity to test knit a shawl soon. I am so excited, it is a three color shawl. I am having fun deciding on color combinations. 

I hope you are having a great day!  

kiweerose
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM

the new Mad Max.

so hard to believe the new Star Wars is on dvd already. I thought they usually come out in 6 months or so. Wow. There is a trailer for the next one showing .

yes linen stitch is pretty with the 2 colors. I wonder if i can mix a regular yarn with a sock yarn for the 2 color, so it won't be so thick.

Quoting harknessangels:

Yay for finding a movie and it wasn't on hold!  Which one is it? 

I love trying new things in knitting/crocheting! I think the linen stitch is a very pretty stitch!  

Quoting kiweerose:

no plans.

have a good one too.

Donna.June
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:07 PM
We're packing today and moving tomorrow! Very very busy here, so all projects have been put on hold.
kiweerose
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:09 PM

the trailer for the new Star Wars is showing. ohwow...looks good.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM

We haven't seen the new Mad Max. I need to put that on my Netflix queue. DH is a huge fan of those movies. 

I didn't realize the Star Wars movie is out and there is a new trailer. I am so behind on these things!  :)  

Let me know if you give the regular yarn/sock yarn linen stitch a try. 

Quoting kiweerose:

the new Mad Max.

so hard to believe the new Star Wars is on dvd already. I thought they usually come out in 6 months or so. Wow. There is a trailer for the next one showing .

yes linen stitch is pretty with the 2 colors. I wonder if i can mix a regular yarn with a sock yarn for the 2 color, so it won't be so thick.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Hope the packing and moving goes smoothly!  

Quoting Donna.June: We're packing today and moving tomorrow! Very very busy here, so all projects have been put on hold.

kiweerose
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:44 PM

i am giving you good ideas for movies.

Me either for seeing the new Star Wars movie on dvd so fast. I saw it at the theater in mid Feb. Will this be the new trend? or is it only Star Wars doing it? Hmm...

yes i want to try it with both yarns.

how do you like flickering?

i am so used to holding it the other way now . it is like crocheting for me.

Quoting harknessangels:

We haven't seen the new Mad Max. I need to put that on my Netflix queue. DH is a huge fan of those movies. 

I didn't realize the Star Wars movie is out and there is a new trailer. I am so behind on these things!  :)  

Let me know if you give the regular yarn/sock yarn linen stitch a try. 

Quoting kiweerose:

the new Mad Max.

kiweerose
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:46 PM

someone gave us samples of her jam and included a lid for the jar. I did not know stores sell lids. I like the jars but with the 2 covers it is washing the extra covers instead of one lid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)