Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saturday's Shenanigans!

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:05 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Happy Saturday! How are you? 

Any plans today? Working on any projects? 

I hope you are having a great day!!! 

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:14 AM

Good Morning! It is cool and windy here today. I am in my warm pjs drinking coffee. Trying to decide how much I want to get done today. I think I need to pull out my long sleeve shirts & sweaters. 

I am going to a friends house later to make some bath bombs. I have never made them before. 

I think podcast watching and listening is going to be happening and I may dye some yarn!  

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:34 PM

I did overdye the skein I didn't like and I like it much better. I will post a picture when it dries. I dyed up two more skeins today. I have 8 colorways to go in my shop on Monday. They are all sock yarns. 

pke
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:04 PM

It's a lovely Saturday here.  The leaves are turning and the rain (thinder storm!) is gone.  It's our first really crisp day here.  It was 44 and sunny at 10:30 when I went out for a run.

I finished my Emily Scarf on Thursday evening.  Used every last bit of yarn.  Think I'll weave in the ends this evening.

Got a bit done around the house today:  swiffered a couple of rooms, cleaned out my steam iron (long overdue), unpacked some winter clothes and put away some summer ones and did some ironing.  Oh, and also ordered some shoes from Zappo's!  Had an alarm system installed at the new house yesterday so went over there to test it out.  Just had the basic things done as there will be a lot of construction going on and we'll be adding and changing out some windows.

Knitting Circle tomorrow.  Think I'll use the time to weave in ends on some of the kids' scarves I've made (I do get behind on that) - it goes so much faster when everyone is chattering away.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and is enjoying the Fall weather.

kiweerose
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:28 PM

bath bombs.? Hmm...interesting.

been doing some errands.

some crocheting hats and knitting my tube socks.

have a good evening.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Yay for a great day, finishing your Emily Scarf, ordering new shoes, getting the alarm system installed, and getting out those winter clothes. I switched out my things today too. I get behind on that too. I have two that need the ends woven in. Hope you have a great time at Knitting Circle. 

Quoting pke:

It's a lovely Saturday here.  The leaves are turning and the rain (thinder storm!) is gone.  It's our first really crisp day here.  It was 44 and sunny at 10:30 when I went out for a run.

I finished my Emily Scarf on Thursday evening.  Used every last bit of yarn.  Think I'll weave in the ends this evening.

Got a bit done around the house today:  swiffered a couple of rooms, cleaned out my steam iron (long overdue), unpacked some winter clothes and put away some summer ones and did some ironing.  Oh, and also ordered some shoes from Zappo's!  Had an alarm system installed at the new house yesterday so went over there to test it out.  Just had the basic things done as there will be a lot of construction going on and we'll be adding and changing out some windows.

Knitting Circle tomorrow.  Think I'll use the time to weave in ends on some of the kids' scarves I've made (I do get behind on that) - it goes so much faster when everyone is chattering away.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and is enjoying the Fall weather.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay for errands, crocheting hats and knitting socks!  Sounds like a great way to spend the day!  The bath bombs were so fun to make. Here's a picture of mine, they need to dry for about 8 hours. Mine smell like lemon & lavender. 

Quoting kiweerose:

been doing some errands.

have a good evening.

kiweerose
by on Oct. 23, 2016 at 3:07 AM

very interesting....on the bath bombs. Do they just work in the bath water or showers? 

Quoting harknessangels:

Yay for errands, crocheting hats and knitting socks!  Sounds like a great way to spend the day!  The bath bombs were so fun to make. Here's a picture of mine, they need to dry for about 8 hours. Mine smell like lemon & lavender. 

Quoting kiweerose:

been doing some errands.

have a good evening.

michiganmom116
by Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Sorry I've been MIA!  The past 3 days have been spent picking grapes/making grape juice (30 quarts of organic 100% pure grape juice w/no sugar or water), grocery shopping, and watching grandkids.

On the up side, the order for yarn for my next afghan (for ME) came in Friday!

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 23, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Wow, that is awesome that you make organic grape juice. I love grape juice. Woohoo for yarn! Have you picked out a pattern for your afghan? 

Quoting michiganmom116:

Sorry I've been MIA!  The past 3 days have been spent picking grapes/making grape juice (30 quarts of organic 100% pure grape juice w/no sugar or water), grocery shopping, and watching grandkids.

On the up side, the order for yarn for my next afghan (for ME) came in Friday!

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Oct. 23, 2016 at 6:36 PM

In the bath. They smell amazing and make your skin very soft. 

Quoting kiweerose:

very interesting....on the bath bombs. Do they just work in the bath water or showers? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)