Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunday's Sharing...............

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:38 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

Happy Sunday!!  How are you? 

Any plans today? 

Working on any projects? 

I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:57 PM

went to a thrift store to get some yarn to crochet and donate. Did not know until i crochet with one yarn in a coil that it felt different and slightly smelled.  I looked it up and it said that it is coiled oil wool. 

decided to leave one hat i crochet and was going to donate the yarn back. Decided on the spur to wash the hat i crochet the yarn with and the smell was less noticeable and the yarn got fluffy. Wow ...what a difference. Ok...will keep the yarn and just give the hats a wash and then donate them. Not sure if i got a mysterious poking from somewhere to do that. I was really going to donate the yarn back and forget about using it again. 

Mazilch
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:29 PM

I am doing well.  I went to church this morning, then did my grocery shopping and while I was in town decided to stop at the nursing home to see my mom.

It's been snowing since early morning, so the roads are very snow covered and slippery.  Now that I'm safely back home, I may bake some more cookies.  I've made made eight different kinds so far.

I am working on a hat for dgd and will make her a scarf also.  I have a scarf in progress for me.

I hope everyone is having a super Sunday.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Great idea to give the hat a wash!  So glad you will be able to use the yarn!  

Quoting ahapiiknit:

went to a thrift store to get some yarn to crochet and donate. Did not know until i crochet with one yarn in a coil that it felt different and slightly smelled.  I looked it up and it said that it is coiled oil wool. 

decided to leave one hat i crochet and was going to donate the yarn back. Decided on the spur to wash the hat i crochet the yarn with and the smell was less noticeable and the yarn got fluffy. Wow ...what a difference. Ok...will keep the yarn and just give the hats a wash and then donate them. Not sure if i got a mysterious poking from somewhere to do that. I was really going to donate the yarn back and forget about using it again. 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Hi Martha!  I am so glad you are home safely! Wow, to baking 8 different kinds of cookies. Yay for making hats and scarves!!! Hope you are enjoying your day!!! 

Quoting Mazilch:

I am doing well.  I went to church this morning, then did my grocery shopping and while I was in town decided to stop at the nursing home to see my mom.

It's been snowing since early morning, so the roads are very snow covered and slippery.  Now that I'm safely back home, I may bake some more cookies.  I've made made eight different kinds so far.

I am working on a hat for dgd and will make her a scarf also.  I have a scarf in progress for me.

I hope everyone is having a super Sunday.

ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:45 PM

yes surprised by the simple wash and it changed.

Quoting harknessangels:

Great idea to give the hat a wash!  So glad you will be able to use the yarn!  

Quoting ahapiiknit:

CherrieFaeries
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:20 PM

I'm desperately trying not to erupt and spew ash and verbage everywhere. Last Tuesday night, my CPAP broke and I'm currently without one until Tuesday when I will get a loaner from the company that provides my medical equipment. Then Wednesday I was confirmed on something I sort of remember happening when I was 9. Friday I was told by my doctor "I don't know exactly what's wrong, but here's what I think it is...Medicinally Induced Parkinsonism." All of that means I'm up for possibly a long drawn out process of changing meds, replacing them, and getting this crap under control. No I do not have Parkinson's, BUT I have symptoms that resemble the disease. I'm pissed off that yesterday I had to eat with my hands instead of a fork (we had breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and English muffins). The today I couldn't really eat my dinner with a fork, but salad is not exactly not messy so I suffered through this. I could barely cut my breakfast with a fork (french toast). If it's not the medicine I have no clue what this could be. I see my psychiatric pharmacist next Friday. That was the soonest they could get me in with my setting up a ride three buisness days ahead of time. I don't drive anymore so I can't take myself.  This also means I'm not crocheting right now either.  I can't even think about it.

ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:43 PM

that is rough ...for what you are going through with that illness and the meds. 

Good thoughts for you on this.

Quoting CherrieFaeries:

I'm desperately trying not to erupt and spew ash and verbage everywhere. Last Tuesday night, my CPAP broke and I'm currently without one until Tuesday when I will get a loaner from the company that provides my medical equipment. Then Wednesday I was confirmed on something I sort of remember happening when I was 9. Friday I was told by my doctor "I don't know exactly what's wrong, but here's what I think it is...Medicinally Induced Parkinsonism." All of that means I'm up for possibly a long drawn out process of changing meds, replacing them, and getting this crap under control. No I do not have Parkinson's, BUT I have symptoms that resemble the disease. I'm pissed off that yesterday I had to eat with my hands instead of a fork (we had breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and English muffins). The today I couldn't really eat my dinner with a fork, but salad is not exactly not messy so I suffered through this. I could barely cut my breakfast with a fork (french toast). If it's not the medicine I have no clue what this could be. I see my psychiatric pharmacist next Friday. That was the soonest they could get me in with my setting up a ride three buisness days ahead of time. I don't drive anymore so I can't take myself.  This also means I'm not crocheting right now either.  I can't even think about it.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2016 at 9:22 AM

So sorry to hear this is going on and how frustrating for you!  Hugs!  

Quoting CherrieFaeries:

CherrieFaeries
by Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 3:20 PM
Thanks. It is hard. Sometimes more often than not.

Quoting ahapiiknit:

that is rough ...for what you are going through with that illness and the meds. 

Good thoughts for you on this.

Quoting CherrieFaeries:

CherrieFaeries
by Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Thanks.

Quoting harknessangels:

So sorry to hear this is going on and how frustrating for you!  Hugs!  

Quoting CherrieFaeries:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)