• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Please!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 147 Total Views
I'm having an impossible issue. I have been making bun beanies for several friends and family. I'm making one for my niece right now. All the patterns call for worsted 4 yarn. I bought some caron simply soft worsted 4. The beanie keeps coming out way too small. I went up 2 hook sizes and have tried using the adult pattern. What is up with that!?!?!?! How do I fix this?
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DoofisDeb
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:49 PM
Oh man, I hate that yarn. That yarn seems thinner than red heart. Sounds like your problem. I used that yarn for a baby blanket and it came out a doll blanket. Did the same pattern with red heart and it came out normal.
musicNcaffeine
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM
It sucks, cause I love how soft it is. But when I'm doing an actual pattern.. blah. I'm just glad it's not only me. Lol thank you.

Quoting DoofisDeb: Oh man, I hate that yarn. That yarn seems thinner than red heart. Sounds like your problem. I used that yarn for a baby blanket and it came out a doll blanket. Did the same pattern with red heart and it came out normal.
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there any way for you to add more stitches at the start of the hat? You could also add more rows in the center of the hat to get it to be bigger in length.  I like how soft the yarn is too, but it is definitely on the light worsted weight range. 

ahapiiknit
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

no...i sometimes get that yarn and it is soft and feels thinner. I always have to experiment too.

like the ladies here advised for changing yarn or add more stitches. 

DoofisDeb
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:03 PM
I love the softness of it. No, you are not alone lol. I want to use that yarn again for maybe a scarf or fingerless gloves. Good luck to ya.

Quoting musicNcaffeine: It sucks, cause I love how soft it is. But when I'm doing an actual pattern.. blah. I'm just glad it's not only me. Lol thank you.

Quoting DoofisDeb: Oh man, I hate that yarn. That yarn seems thinner than red heart. Sounds like your problem. I used that yarn for a baby blanket and it came out a doll blanket. Did the same pattern with red heart and it came out normal.
3littlewoks
by Member on Jan. 21, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Try the red heart with love 😀 its softer then the normal red heart and maybe a tad more fluff but still a worsted 4
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)