Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friday's Favorites & Fun!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:14 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

Happy Friday!  How are you? 

Any plans today? Any weekend plans? 

Any plans to work on projects (craft, diy, yard, yarn...etc.)? 

I hope you are having a fantastic day!!!! 

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:33 PM

Happy Friday.

plans to put mole/vole repellent around the wiltering plant in my garden, plant branch cuttings from the plant in case the original plant is not doing better. Do some crocheting and knitting.

keep cool and start a patience griffin book .

have a good day.

kary29
by Group Admin on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:24 PM
I really need to work in the yard this weekend, there are weeds around the back patio and lots of fading bee balm I need to cut down. Tomatoes are starting to ripen now. Will knit on my throw too.
Have a good weekend!
ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:54 PM

well...went to walmart to look for repellent , which they only have deer and rabbit repellent on stock.

found out nothing really can stop the voles/moles.  hmmmm...

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:16 PM

I hope the repellent works!  The mole/voles ate our entire garden last year. We are saving up to put up a mesh and fence to make sure that doesn't happen again. 

Sounds like a good day!  Reading, knitting and crocheting are my favorites. 

Quoting ahapiiknit:

Happy Friday.

plans to put mole/vole repellent around the wiltering plant in my garden, plant branch cuttings from the plant in case the original plant is not doing better. Do some crocheting and knitting.

have a good day.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:18 PM

I hope you are able to get your yard work done. I love fresh tomatoes!

It is so hot here, I am not sure if we will get out there, but everything is a jungle and we have lots of fallen limbs that need cut up. Right now the heat index is 106*. UGH!!!! 

Quoting kary29: I really need to work in the yard this weekend, there are weeds around the back patio and lots of fading bee balm I need to cut down. Tomatoes are starting to ripen now. Will knit on my throw too. Have a good weekend!

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:19 PM

Yikes!  They are so little and they tunnel, so it is very hard to deter them!  UGH!

Quoting ahapiiknit:

well...went to walmart to look for repellent , which they only have deer and rabbit repellent on stock.

ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM

really...? ohgosh...wow. I went to walmart and the garden guy said repellents do not work. When i planted my tomatoes, i just planted them in containers , made it easier for me. I did not plant any last yr or this yr.

i did plant the branch cuttings in containers now. I may leave them that way.

Quoting harknessangels:

I hope the repellent works!  The mole/voles ate our entire garden last year. We are saving up to put up a mesh and fence to make sure that doesn't happen again. 

Sounds like a good day!  Reading, knitting and crocheting are my favorites. 

Quoting ahapiiknit:

Happy Friday.

have a good day.

ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 3:49 PM

yes...i was disappointed when i heard that. i have clay soil and hard to understand how these guys can dig through the clay.

Quoting harknessangels:

Yikes!  They are so little and they tunnel, so it is very hard to deter them!  UGH!

Quoting ahapiiknit:

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:18 PM

It has been a long day already!  My SILs service was nice. Now the grieving really begins. 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM

Containers are a good way to keep them from getting your plants!  I have a few of my plants in containers as well. I am hoping to do a fall crop in the garden. 

Quoting ahapiiknit:

really...? ohgosh...wow. I went to walmart and the garden guy said repellents do not work. When i planted my tomatoes, i just planted them in containers , made it easier for me. I did not plant any last yr or this yr.

i did plant the branch cuttings in containers now. I may leave them that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)