Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite yarn?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2017 at 11:44 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 172 Total Views
Hi everybody! I'm Kira. I've been lurking for a bit as a newbie to crochet. I was wondering if you would share your yarn preferences if you have any. Fiber type, weight, brands. I have been using acrylic from the chain craft stores but was looking to try new things.
by on Dec. 30, 2017 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2017 at 4:26 PM
Hi Kira! Great question! I like using all different weights of yarn for all projects. Right now my favorite is DK weight. I have been using superwash merino/cashmere/nylon blends. I usually get them from Knit Picks.

What projects do you like to make?
DoofisDeb
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the Lionbrand or Red Heart.  I buy my yarn from Walmart since it has more of a selection from Red Heart than Michael's.  Lion Brand is a soft acrylic.  They also have a wool ease blend thatis great to work with. 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2017 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Lion Brand is one of my favorites too!
KiraLise
by Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 5:37 PM
I just discovered Knit Picks the other day! They have some beautiful yarn. So far I've made some scarves and am currently finishing up a blanket. I tried my hand at some baby booties with the help of YouTube.

Quoting harknessangels: Hi Kira! Great question! I like using all different weights of yarn for all projects. Right now my favorite is DK weight. I have been using superwash merino/cashmere/nylon blends. I usually get them from Knit Picks.

What projects do you like to make?
KiraLise
by Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 5:40 PM
I'm always drawn to the Lion Brand yarn at the store but I have yet to buy any. What do you usually make out of the Wool Ease?

Quoting DoofisDeb:

I love the Lionbrand or Red Heart.  I buy my yarn from Walmart since it has more of a selection from Red Heart than Michael's.  Lion Brand is a soft acrylic.  They also have a wool ease blend thatis great to work with. 

ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 6:10 PM

waving hello...i use Redheart and LionBrand

DoofisDeb
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 6:43 PM
I have only made a hat and scarf with it. Thinking about making a blanket for hubby with it.

Quoting KiraLise: I'm always drawn to the Lion Brand yarn at the store but I have yet to buy any. What do you usually make out of the Wool Ease?

Quoting DoofisDeb:

kary29
by Group Admin on Dec. 30, 2017 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I like Vanna yarn a lot too.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:01 AM

I love Knit Picks Brava Worsted. It is one of my favorite acrylic yarns for hats, blankets...etc. I am so thankful for YouTube now, when I get stuck on a new technique, that is the first place I go!  :)  I can't wait to see some of your projects. 

Quoting KiraLise: I just discovered Knit Picks the other day! They have some beautiful yarn. So far I've made some scarves and am currently finishing up a blanket. I tried my hand at some baby booties with the help of YouTube.

Madeyemoody
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I love using Bernat blanket for everything. It’s super soft and thick. Small color selection though. My second choice is red heart. I don’t find it very soft though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)