Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sunday's Show & Tell

Happy Sunday!  

How are you? Any plans today? Any celebrations/traditions?

Working on any projects? 

I hope you are having the best day!!!! 

by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 8:50 AM
Replies (11-18):
harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay for a double knit hat and finishing a pot holder. I hope you had a great NYE!  

Quoting ahapiiknit:

doing fine.

cloudy skies at the moment.

still doing the double knit hat....i like the feel ...soft and thick. I finished another potholder.

have a good day.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:07 AM

Oh no, that happens to me all the time with the needle size/gauge thing!  I hope you enjoyed watching football!  

Quoting Curlymom234: I’m making an attempt at my first sweater for DD. I should’ve gone down a needle size. 😒 No real plans beyond watching football. We enddd up selling our tickets.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:08 AM

Ugh to your vehicle not starting! Glad swh got a new sim card, hope that fixes the phone issues!  

Quoting ahapiiknit:

hmmmm...today is interesting ....my swh got a new cell phone and it had been acting up all week. Today had to have the place put in a new sim card. 

then our vehicle would not start. Probably battery.

fiddlerbird555
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:09 AM
Did. Learned a new game of dominos from two sisters. Won several rounds. The we played non-competitively with Would you rather"

Quoting harknessangels:

Hope you had a great party/game night!  

Quoting fiddlerbird555: Getting up now. Church at 10. Party/game night at 6pm.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh didn't end up making them...hopefully today. DD went to stay at a friend's house, so we just watched tv while I knit....just like any other evening!  :)  

Quoting ahapiiknit:

yummm....enjoy

Quoting harknessangels:

I think Dh is going to make pepperoni and pepperoni & cheese rolls this evening! We will probably watch movies, play cards and relax!  

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:11 AM

BRRR!  So glad you are able to get the woodstove going to warm up!  Black is hard to see, I can only work on the dark colors in daylight too!  I love the way a black hat looks, especially in rib!  I hope you had a great NYE!  

Quoting kary29:

It was 2* this morning. 

When we came home from church, our temp inside the house was 54* :o 

DH has the woodstove going now.  We split a sandwich, chips and tea from Quizno's for lunch.  I am starting his hat over in black, he decided he needed black, hard to see the stitches but I'm sitting in the sun to find them.  Get together, games and snacks at church tonight, we haven't decided to go but are leaning against it because of the cold.  Happy New Year all!

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:12 AM

It is looking good!  Yes, cotton can be a challenge with the splitting! I hope you had a great NYE!  

Quoting KiraLise:

Mobile Photo

Good afternoon! I'm attempting to work from a written pattern for the first time...a cabled spa cloth. This cotton yarn is really holding me back! It splits so easily.

ahapiiknit
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 12:50 PM

yep that was not a great start.

Quoting harknessangels:

Ugh to your vehicle not starting! Glad swh got a new sim card, hope that fixes the phone issues!  

Quoting ahapiiknit:

hmmmm...today is interesting ....my swh got a new cell phone and it had been acting up all week. Today had to have the place put in a new sim card. 

then our vehicle would not start. Probably battery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)