Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monday's Musings

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:55 AM
  • 42 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

Happy Monday!
How are you? How was your weekend?
Any plans this week?
Anything you are looking forward to?
I hope you are having a great day!

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DoofisDeb
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Hello all.  I am doing well just still very tired from our weekend.  Sturday started out doing 3 hours of shoveling snow. I started at 10am and did my side of the driveway for 2hours. Then I had hel fromthe taneats to get the driveway unblocked from the foot deep snow drift. Afterwards I relaxed for the most part of the day til we gotoffthe phone with hubby. I find out that half our house was working and the heat was off. Called hubby back and he came home right away and made ithere at 1am.  He worked to find the problem for 2 hours then we all went to bed.  That was our Saturday. 

DoofisDeb
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:11 AM

Sunday we got up after about 5 hours of sleep and Hubby found out we lost a breaker in the breaker box outside. He could fix it so he did. Then he made sure the heater was working which it quit so he replaced that as well.  We bought a new one late summer last year. He wanted to wait til spring to replace it but the heater had other plans LOL.  He made it back to PA at 7pm. He was so tired.  I felt so bad for him.

DoofisDeb
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:16 AM

Today I think I will take it easy and work on laundry, and get some crocheting done on my emergency blanket.  Tomorrow will be shoveling more snow after it all comes today. We are expecting up to 3 inches. Sunday we got 5 inches but the wind was horrible and snowed me into my house. Had to shovel before I could even step outside.  I shoveled my way to the driveway just to find huge snow drifts  all on my side of the driveway. LOL. it was so weird to see the snow like that.  I am so ready for spring. 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM

I have been thinking about you all weekend!  Wow, that is a snowdrift. I would need to relax all day after all that work!  Glad your hubby was able to come home and fix everything!  I hope he is able to catch up on some rest today!  

Quoting DoofisDeb:

Hello all.  I am doing well just still very tired from our weekend.  Sturday started out doing 3 hours of shoveling snow. I started at 10am and did my side of the driveway for 2hours. 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:54 AM

Wow, you are getting hammered with snow!  Taking it easy sounds like a great idea for today!  

Quoting DoofisDeb:

Today I think I will take it easy and work on laundry, and get some crocheting done on my emergency blanket.  Tomorrow will be shoveling more snow after it all comes today. We are expecting up to 3 inches. Sunday we got 5 inches but the wind was horrible and snowed me into my house. Had to shovel before I could even step outside.  I shoveled my way to the driveway just to find huge snow drifts  all on my side of the driveway. LOL. it was so weird to see the snow like that.  I am so ready for spring. 

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:15 AM

Good Morning!  I slept in later than I expected!  Now I feel like the day is flying by!  I am hoping to get DH to help me come up with a way to make long skeins of yarn for dyeing in stripes. I want to dye up a couple of gray minis for sock sets, fold some laundry, do a bit of organizing in the basement and then it is relaxing time!  

kary29
by Group Admin on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:23 AM

You have done lots of work! Good thing your hubby could take care of the problems.  Bet you are worn out from the shoveling, you should take it easy today. :)

Quoting DoofisDeb:

kary29
by Group Admin on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Interesting that you will be making stripes, I wondered how that was done.  Don't forget to relax. :)

Quoting harknessangels:

Good Morning!  I slept in later than I expected!  Now I feel like the day is flying by!  I am hoping to get DH to help me come up with a way to make long skeins of yarn for dyeing in stripes. I want to dye up a couple of gray minis for sock sets, fold some laundry, do a bit of organizing in the basement and then it is relaxing time!  

kary29
by Group Admin on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:30 AM

We got more snow last night.  It's pretty and only a couple of inches.  I want to fill the bird feeder so I can see the cardinals against the snow.  The temp is dropping quickly now, should be below zero again.  My mom had a Dr appt this morning but we canceled, she sure doesn't need to be out in this.

Had a good weekend, with the eagle watching, eating out with friends, and hours of reading I did. I did stop at a library in another town yesterday and got the author's other book, started reading it last night.  Will probably read it all day today, do a little laundry and make one more scarf.  Then want to start one of the blankets.

harknessangels
by Group Owner on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:31 AM

Today is dgd#2's birthday!  She is 5! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)