Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADHD is...

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2010 at 3:09 PM
  • 149 Replies
  • 4556 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I thought it may be fun to have this post to say exactly what ADHD is to us.   What it means to our families to have or to have a child with ADHD...  

This post will serve as a source of information for those who do not understand the complexity of ADHD as well as serve as a post to remind us all that we are not alone! 

Only one "is" per post please...  :) 

by on Sep. 24, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AaronsMom79
by Group Leader Kristy on Sep. 24, 2010 at 3:11 PM
3 moms liked this

ADHD is real. 

AaronsMom79
by Group Leader Kristy on Sep. 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this

ADHD is having your son do poorly in school because he can't focus on the work without help.

momkelly2
by Head Admin Catherine on Sep. 24, 2010 at 9:31 PM
15 moms liked this

ADHD  are some of the brightest minds God ever created.  They just need to learn how to channel it. 

momkelly2
by Head Admin Catherine on Sep. 24, 2010 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

ADHD is a Challenge...

hillydilly
by on Sep. 24, 2010 at 10:07 PM
5 moms liked this

LOL all I could think of when I read this line was EXAHAUSTING...LOL My son is severely ADHD on top of having PTSD and some sort of Opposational disorder....but he is the most loving person you will ever know once you get past some of his excited nature...I always say it was the one test he scored really high on 90 percentile to be exact.  It's one of those things that makes them not think of the consequences of their actions, makes it hard to make friends until they get to know your child, is the reason you find yourself repeating yourself a million times.  I love my son but boy ADHD is Exhausting...

mom2jnb
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM
5 moms liked this
Frustrating! Mom, Dad, teachers, etc., we all get frustrated with this constantly-challenging-the-system kid and his seeming inability to follow directions the first, oh, 10 times we ask. But what about the kid with ADHD!?! Oh how frustrated he must be, getting in trouble for every thing he does just because so many of us don't TRULY understand!!!
jinxmom
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Frustrating but even more frustrating to adhders. Ugh its lack of understanding from the nonadhd world and even more from children/teen/some adults who don't know how adhd affects them and those around them. For instance my dd 16 seems to think its just focus but its so much more. [sigh]

FreeSpriT4eva
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Hereditary..have 4 with it..one is so different from the other..learning each ones ability..goals,frustrations..tho its tiresome,stressful@ times..each one teaches me something new daily....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

ADHD is a never ending battle.

RaeTy
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM
5 moms liked this

never boring!! 

clock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)