Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought it may be fun to have this post to say exactly what ADHD is to us.   What it means to our families to have or to have a child with ADHD...  

This post will serve as a source of information for those who do not understand the complexity of ADHD as well as serve as a post to remind us all that we are not alone! 

Only one "is" per post please...  :) 

by on Sep. 24, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
angeltanny
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Hard  Everyday is a new challenge

MissyJune
by on Sep. 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM
3 moms liked this

But also heartbreaking, you always question yourself, you are constantly wondering if you are doing the right thing. You never know how much of what your are doing is NOT the right thing for THAT kid. All you wanna do is do right by your kids and you never REALLY know if you are or not.If you would have done it the other way, would it have worked and that been one less thing she had to face.

Quoting RaeTy:

never boring!! 

clock

dedesky
by on Sep. 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM

ADHD is constant movement, even when resting!  Brain doesn't turn off.  GO GO AND GO SOME MORE

lajebo
by on Sep. 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this

ADHD is... humbling and a learning experience all the time.  Learning how to deal with the situation and teach yourself and others what works for your child.  How to understand your child, how to help them to suceed.  How to love them first, and appreciate them, and to give them respect, no matter what.  To show and fight for others to do the same thing.

My son with adhd is a blessing to me, as is my other son with add, like I have.  My sons have taught me so much, I hope that I have given them as much in return.

Light and love, hope and wisdom.  Don't stop believing.  butterfly

vintagemom45
by on Sep. 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

ADD has been frustating for both my child and me.  banging head into wallWe have shared many tears, but we've also laughed.  He is the light of my life and has taught me patience (which sometimes wears quite thin)!  My wish that the school administrators would ensure that their teachers and other support staff were better educated about ADD/ADHD.

alisha34886
by on Sep. 26, 2010 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

ADHD is somthing my 6 yr old son's teacher bitches about,cause he doesn't finish his class work or focus.ADHD is scary.barbecuing

rlw
by on Sep. 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM

ADHD is a never ending learning experience.

dmbutler
by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 12:46 AM

ADHD is DS describing his brain as "fuzzy" when he's not on his meds.

tam626
by on Oct. 10, 2010 at 2:08 PM

ADHD is very challenging!

mama51005
by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 12:38 PM
Add is capable of making me a better person and a better mother. It has taught me patience and to be an advocate for my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN