Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought it may be fun to have this post to say exactly what ADHD is to us.   What it means to our families to have or to have a child with ADHD...  

This post will serve as a source of information for those who do not understand the complexity of ADHD as well as serve as a post to remind us all that we are not alone! 

Only one "is" per post please...  :) 

by on Sep. 24, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Replies (141-149):
Mel106
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
ADHD is hours and hours of homework.
jmbennett2
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I was diagnosed wiht ADD in 1 or 2nd grade, my 7 yr old child is having focus issues and retention issues, he is currently being tested for Special Education to see if he qualifys...I am also waiting to see if they are doing add/adhd testing as well...

nomadbrat83
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Frustrating at times
SlingsAndThings
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Uncharted territory for us
jnystrom
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

ADHD WAS real to me and my 8 yr. old now nine. Now we are on to new journeys in life. It was a different sometimes horrific nature but now "we have changed our minds." I used play attention to pay attention and it worked. I commend the group and the teacher that developed this program!

momkelly2
by Head Admin Catherine on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:56 AM

would you mind starting a new post  and share how you did this so others might also try it?

this sounds like a really good tool for others to use.  :)

Thanks
Catherine

Quoting jnystrom:

ADHD WAS real to me and my 8 yr. old now nine. Now we are on to new journeys in life. It was a different sometimes horrific nature but now "we have changed our minds." I used play attention to pay attention and it worked. I commend the group and the teacher that developed this program!

Catherine 
There is no MD after my name..  
 I am just a mom with years of experience raising ADHD kids.... LOL

Tinabwa
by on May. 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM

ADHD is challenging to say the least, however, I would no change my DS for nothing. While he might be a handful, he also has this most loving heart.I think overall the most frustrating part is those who do not have children with ADHD tend to pass judgment. Last year when it was constantly raining, a small swimming yard pool developed in the back yard. DS decided it would be fun to play in it while I went in to use the restroom. Well, when I went back outside there he was slipping and a sliding while adults and children stood there watching and of course could not wait to tell on him, adults included. I just looked at my son and then at them and said, "yes isn't that something, excuse me I will be right back." As I walked away (keep in mind it was not a dangerous situation, but a fun opportunity for DS, heck for any kid I would think). Anyway, as I walked away I heard some of the kids and even an adult or two yelling at him to stop what he was doing, yes grrrr! God I just want to choke the adults when they think they are the perfect parent(s) and their perfect children would never do half the things my son does lol ok back to the story tee hee :-) long story short, I went inside and got my bathing suit on, went back outside and joined in the fun lol and then I turned to everyone, splashed them all and told them last time I checked I was and am his mom (A PROUD ONE AT THAT!), so lighten up and have some fun! My son never forgot that and that made his day, as it did mine, we had a blast while the others were steaming mad as well as muddy and cold. *evil grin*

I get so sick and tired of he did this and he did that, and anymore I tell them all to mind their own damn business! Yes my lil man can get into trouble, but if he has stimulation he does great and is actually very fun to be around. Despite all the frustration and heart break and etc he makes it all better when he comes up to me out of the blue and says, "mommy you are the best"! or "I love you mommy" So the next time somebody irks you over your ADHD child tell em to lighten up and mind their own business lol (unless of course it is something that truly needs be addressed)

Tinabwa
by on May. 8, 2014 at 3:53 AM

LOL SO SO True!! :-) bowing down

Quoting RaeTy:

never boring!! 

clock

GodsGirl03
by on May. 9, 2014 at 1:15 AM

a rollercoaster ride...some days are good, other days....sigh...just aren't good at all.  Just when I think I am getting an idea of how to handle each fit...He changes the rules,,lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN