Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay need prices of 2 meds. We might be without insurance next moth.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

Adderall xr 50 mg. Risperdal .5 how much will this cost me without insurance ?  Might husband might get be getting a new job that pays way more next month problem is adhd meds are expensive. Can anyone tell me what I will be looking at money wise. Thanks  Oh he won't get insurance for 6 months. 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Proce3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Go to whatever pharmacy you normally get your meds and ask them. I just had to do this last week, as we do not qualify for the funding we got last year. I am going to have to change my kids meds, so I'm not real happy. Concerta is $240/mo for 36mg and I think Adderall is close to that. Even generic is unaffordable

So yes, you are right to be concerned. They are VERY expensive.

Ann7227
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Thanks.

Quoting Proce3:

Go to whatever pharmacy you normally get your meds and ask them. I just had to do this last week, as we do not qualify for the funding we got last year. I am going to have to change my kids meds, so I'm not real happy. Concerta is $240/mo for 36mg and I think Adderall is close to that. Even generic is unaffordable

MrsWalton83
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Ok so I'm guessing you meant 30 mg XR Adderall since that's the highest dosage made, I looked up the cost in The Davis drug guide and for a 180 day supply of Risperdal it's $671.96. And for a 30 day supply of Adderall it is $237.39. So for 6 months on those meds you will be looking at total of $2,096.30, or $349.38 per month without any insurance coverage. I hope you can get relief from somewhere since that is crazy outrageous! I don't know what I would do if we lost our insurance since my DS and I are both ADHD and both take meds! For what we take on just our ADHD meds we would pay $464.92 per month! I hope this helped you out, try looking at www.drugstore.com some of their prices are lower than regular pharmacies! good luck!
iceprincess214
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Prices vary by state and pharmacy I believe. I used to get Concerta forum daughter and they told me with out insurance it was only $175, still alot, but not the $240 you were told! I would recommend contacting your pharmacy for prices. Also, call the drug manufacturer. Most have programs in place to help those without insurance! Good luck!!

Quoting Ann7227:

Thanks.

Quoting Proce3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ann7227
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I called like 6 places the cheapest was Kroger . For the generic Adderall xr 25 twice a day it was $284.49. For the generic Risperdal .5 once a day. was $47.88 at WalMart. Still expensive but a lot cheaper than the other places.  I will have to pay this for 6 months.

Quoting MrsWalton83:

Ok so I'm guessing you meant 30 mg XR Adderall since that's the highest dosage made, I looked up the cost in The Davis drug guide and for a 180 day supply of Risperdal it's $671.96. And for a 30 day supply of Adderall it is $237.39. So for 6 months on those meds you will be looking at total of $2,096.30, or $349.38 per month without any insurance coverage. I hope you can get relief from somewhere since that is crazy outrageous! I don't know what I would do if we lost our insurance since my DS and I are both ADHD and both take meds! For what we take on just our ADHD meds we would pay $464.92 per month! I hope this helped you out, try looking at www.drugstore.com some of their prices are lower than regular pharmacies! good luck!

Cemommster
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

you need to ask your pharm you go to normally. meds prices can change from day to day, and are different in different areas.

MrsWalton83
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Yea I don't know where you are so I was just quoting the Davis drug guide, it's a basis, some places may be higher and some lower and the dosage plays a role too! Higher doses cost more money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)