Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help with my children

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

I think both of my children have ADHD and I was wondering if anyone could help me diagnose them better with information about it. My daughter can't sit still for more than 5 seconds and she also don't want to pay attention to anyone or watch movies. My son is the same way. My daughter is 3 and my son is 2 if that helps any. If you could send me an e-mail to rogerstiffany88@yahoo.com with the information please. 

Thank you,

Their mom

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Nana110810
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Check with your pediatrician they should have the questionaire to fill out.  I think you can surf the web to to find a questionaire to help you.  Does your daughter ever get ready into anything where she kind of zones out everything else?  They are both still very young.  My oldest wad offically diagnosed with he was 5 but his doctors started watching him at 3 1/2.  Best thing to do is talk to their doctor so they can start watching them and evaluating.  Hope this helps

DDDaysh
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM

At 3 and 2, it's really too soon to tell if they have ADHD or not.  The symptoms you describe could be from any of a myriad of possible dissorders or just your childrens' own unique development timetables.  

However, if you have concerns, you should ALWAYS take them to your pediatrician.  She should be able to help you determine whether or not you should take the kids for further diagnostic testing or take a 'wait and see' approach.  If you don't feel like you can trust your pedi, you can always choose a different pedi, or just get a second opinion.  

Don't jump the gun on this though, listen to what the doctors are telling you.  Don't give up and always advocate for your child, but realize that sometimes there isn't anything to do until the kids are older that goes beyond just good parenting practices.  There are lots of books on the subject that you can get at the library.  One discussed in another post, and used successfully by many parents, is 1-2-3 Magic.  Be warned, however, that most tecniques for children at this age are more about changing your own (the parent/caregiver) behavior than anything else.  They give you ways of interacting with your child that (hopefully) increases the peace level in your house and helps your kids gain skills by presenting the lessons in a different way.  

DDDaysh
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM

P.S.  If your kids don't want to watch TV or movies, this is a very GOOD thing.  Don't ask them to.  That kind of stimulation can be really bad for some ADHD kids.  

ladyraven16
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM
They may be bored. Kids that age need to be kept busy. Do you do crafts or anything with them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose4607
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM

You should not dx your children...go see a pro :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)